NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
<3 Go Big Or Go Home <3
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have the 2000 celica gt and gee wow go figure it burns/leaks oil like no tomorrow! i need to get a new cat but thats not going to fix anything since the damn thing keeps clogging because of the burning oil anyway i was told about an o2 spacer or type cat spacer or some shit it basically tricks the computer into thinking that the cat is there or something?? or something called a decat?? any help would be greatly apperciated! i am going to take my college loan money in october and either have my engine rebuilt or get a new one (any input on that would be great too) thanks guys!

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
The mod you're talking about is called the mil eliminator.

Personallly,I would save the headache and spend the money on a 2zz sswap. Its nnot hard,just requires a few extra parts than just the motor. If you want more info,I will find the list of parts required. You shouldn't spend more more than $2000 on parts alone...if u have an auto,then you'd nneed a Tranny. I believe the GT and GTS transmission aren't interchangeable according to motor,but the c56 m/t (manual tranny) found oon the GT will bolt right up tto the 2zz.

·
OT denied ;(
847 Posts
I spent about $1600 for the complete motor, wiring harness, 2zz ecu, and passengerside engine mount.

They offer the 6speed GTS(c60) tranny for another $600 but I already had my 5speed GT(c56) tranny.

Also, make sure the exhaust manifold comes with the GTS flange that you need to weld onto your GT midpipe. The flange on the GT midpipe wont bolt up to the GTS exhaust manifold.

I used car-parts.com to search through the local junkyards. And as with anything, make sure you do your homework/research so you know what to look for when checking out these parts. And make sure they offer some sort of warranty, most of the junkyards here offer atleast a 30 day return policy. Good luck!

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
^thats a steal..BTW where did u get your motor? I called a couple places in Orlando and they didn't have the 2zz iin stock,but can gget one. I'd rather try to get one far as Tampa or orlando to save on shipping.

that would be great if you could do that.. how much is a 2zz motor going for and wheres the best place to get one from?
Here's the Extra parts you need:
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5453643&postcount=4

For manual transmissiona,the same clutch can be used oon the 2zz and 1zz. Different flywheel. But since it's dismantled,might as well change the clutch.

Do you have an auto GT? Installation would drive up the price,but luckily I have my dad who does pretty much everything besides body work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts