NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a custom dual exhaust, and I was wondering if I should go with 2.25" piping or 2.5". Any responce is greatly appreciated. By the way, I have the flowmaster muffler off camaros (single inlet, dual outlet) cross-flow. Also, I wanted to know whether or not you would recommend keeping the resonator or ditching it.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
^^^ i agree. do not use that flowmaster. it's not really meant for imports IMO.

if you're going to go custom, 2.5 after the cat, mandrel bends, stainless steel piping if available and keep the resonator. itll keep it from sounding raspy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I really want the dual setup, and I was between the flowmaster and magnaflow. I got the flowmaster at the advice of the exhaust shop due to its smaller size. I don't care much about performance, but I want a nice deep agressive tone. So 2.5" piping?

·
Registered
903 Posts
ppl on the board have done "dual" setups where the exhaust is one pipe and they have a second pipe welded in place that isn't actually connected to the exhaust.

This was in the gallery, and I've seen some others

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
2003celicagt said:
I don't care much about performance, but I want a nice deep agressive tone.
I was about to post my suggestion but nevermind ...

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
If you're not interested in peformance then you definately posted in the wrong forum. But anyway, here's my $0.02:

1. Flowmasters are actually pretty good. A lot of import people don't like them solely because they work primarily with domestics. Don't let that be a factor in your decision. Just make sure you have the right inlet/outlet size.

2. I strongly recommend against using a dual exhaust setup. Anyone who knows practically anything about a Celica will know you drive an inline-4. No one is going to be fooled into thinking you have any type of V-style engine. Everyone will then know that you did it just for the looks and don't give a crap about performance or else you would have stayed single pipe. Good luck getting any respect. Prob came out a little harsher than I intended it to, but I really do wish you wouldn't put a dual setup on your car. My personal opinion only.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it's not that I am not interested in performance, it just isn't my top priority. Also, I like the look of the dual, and frankly, I don't care what other people think about it. My main question was what size tubing to get. 2.25" or 2.5"

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
2.25. And really, that's too big. If you're doing an open-Y type dual exhaust and use 2.25 on each runner, that's basically like running a 4.5" single exhaust which is way too big.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
2003celicagt said:
Well, it's not that I am not interested in performance, it just isn't my top priority. Also, I like the look of the dual, and frankly, I don't care what other people think about it. My main question was what size tubing to get. 2.25" or 2.5"
Jesus christ mang. You already said you are doing it for the looks, so pick the size tubing that you think looks better, or whichever one is cheaper.:shrugs:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Automaton said:
Jesus christ mang. You already said you are doing it for the looks, so pick the size tubing that you think looks better, or whichever one is cheaper.:shrugs:
:thumbup:

I'd say put a dual 3 inches camaro exhaust ... This would look badass. :evil:

·
Registered
659 Posts
2003celicagt said:
I don't care much about performance, but I want a nice deep agressive tone. So 2.5" piping?
sell ur celi and get sumthin wit a v8. better yet, since u dont care about performance, just get a bike. u know, the kind with pedals. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
CALICELI said:
sell ur celi and get sumthin wit a v8. better yet, since u dont care about performance, just get a bike. u know, the kind with pedals. :laugh:
yea then glue a dual exhaust on there :p
:gayfight: :laugh:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
OK, I think the point got hashed around enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts