NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which exhaust combined with TRIAL header??

I'm about to get a new exhaust for my GTS. Does the TRD still have the best gains? If there is one that has better gains than the TRD version, it would have to be about the same decibel output as the TRD. It's going to be combined with a TRIAL header, so what do you guys think I should go with? Does anyone have a sound clip of the Tanabe SRM 'cuz I heard that's a killer combo with the TRIAL header. But, I'm afraid of it being a lot louder than the TRD.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was checking out the exhaust shootout that Turbo Mag ran for the Celica and I know that the Veilside Titanium has lower gains than the TRD, but wouldn't the significant weight difference more than make up for that?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
i don't know if the weight difference will make a huge difference if any at all.

i got injen cai/trial header/greddy exhaust, still quiet, till WOT, then it gets nice and mean sounding.... still has great gains IMO.

anyways... if you look at the comparison in all the exhausts.. they're very similar... you only gain a couple tenths of a hp w/the trd over other exhausts.

if you're interested in quiet, go for the greddy... the trd is loud in comparison

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I would say go with a Titanium exahust if your are looking for performance!! You get good gain plus save weight, if you add all your peformance goodies up then compare that to say your lightweight wheels, exhaust and say a c/f hood then your would be gaining performance and losing weight, thereby making your car faster!! If I remember correctly there is a general rule on how many pounds takes off a certain amount of time at the track for every 100 pounds I believe it is like a tenth of a second!! So all in all losing weight and being fast can be just as important at gaining hp to be fast!! Remember the lightweight is one of the Celica's strongest attributes!! Now think of putting say 200wheel horsepower to the ground and losing unwanted weight to make your car say weigh 2300 instead of 2500 now you have added power and lost 200 pounds in the mix, with a good driver I think that losing all the weight and doing some power mods could easiuly put a GTS in the 13's, then think turbo, take out the backseats that are uncomfy anyway, take out the spare, there you go!! For the really hardcore enthusiasts you could even disconnect your A/C for really awesome gains!! Now you are looking at mid 13's without forced induction on a GTS!!!!!!

Justin

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
IMO, getting a light exhaust and cf hood isn't gonna help much in speed unless you remove alot more stuff.

Anyways... i'm gonna shut up about how much i love how my setup sounds now that i replaced my amss header w/the trial one, along w/the injen cai and greddy exhaust, but it's sweeet when you get on it... not ear piercing loud, but you definately know there's something under there :)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the other hand....since I'm going F/I in the next couple months, I would rather prefer to not have a custom made exhaust. I think that for most F/I applications, I need at least 80 mm mandrel width piping (about 3 inches). With that in mind, what would you guys recommend? Would TRD still be cool?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.