NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that when i first start up my car after a while of being parked it takes about 5 minutes to sound normal.... before that all you can hear is the engine... is this normal? also my rear valence vibrates with the exhaust... is that safe/normal? thanks.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
u finally have ur TSRM exhaust installed :thumbup:

I think it's normal, but once u drive it, don't u just love that deep toned sound

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is definitely normal, hopefully, cause it happens to me too. Once the car warms up, it sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so its normal for my rear valence to vibrate with the exhaust? also is the tip supposed to vibrate? mine does a little bit.... sorry for all the questions im just worrysome :p the valence rattles so bad when i first start it up at idle that i can hear it from inside the car w/ windows up, etc.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
i dont think the valence is suppose to vibrate with the exhaust. its normal for the exhuast to vibrate just a bit, but not so much that its really noticible or makes any funny noice.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Damn, my exhaust rattles my back bumber too...once i got my kit on it really started rattling. But ya, only for a lil after i start up my car, and only between like 2300-2700rpm. Its weird, and i hate the sound, but once its gone that low rumble at that rpm sounds so good.

·
Registered
814 Posts
4CyLSiLvACeLi said:
hmm where can i get that done and what does it help/how much does it cost? thanks!
Congrats on your new exhaust. To reset the ecu simply disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for a couple of minutes and then reconnect. Voila you are done. Enjoy your new exhaust :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The Celica ECU Probably isn`t set up to run as rich as it could be when warming up if Toyota wanted the cold engine to run smoother than it does. Instread, they just increase the idle speed a bit more than they would otherwise until it`s completely warmed up.
This is done purely for emissions reasons.

But yeah, it`s normal for it to sound and run a bit rougher when cold than when its warmed up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts