NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their AC expansion valve? If so where is it, roughly what all do you have to remove and where did you buy it.

All info would be greatly appreciated, as i have a trip to take this week and my ac SUCKS!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think it is under the dash and isnt much fun to change. Most of the time if it goes bad (sticking)from some other reason like, moisture in the system, system low on oil, compressor going bad putting metal in system. What are your pressure readings or why do you think it is bad?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The condensor had been off of the car for some time. I had it charged and it bareley cools. The AC guy looked at everything and said that was the problem. Probably stopped up or restricted, the compressor and everything else works properly. He said that after a considerable ammount of time sitting pretty much open that it could have built up corrosion inside of it causing it to restrict flow or not flow at all.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ok , I will buy that, did he give you a price on how much he would charge(ac guy)?That will tell you how hard it is to change.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he recommended replacing it myself, said the dealer would really stick it to ya on it, i dont have a manual to determine what needs to come out and doesnt, i am confident i could do it just dont want to do a lot of extra i dont have to as far as dissasembly goes

·
Registered
562 Posts
You could try (after the freon is removed) put 2-4oz of ref. oil in the line going to the exp. valve, recharge system then try cycling the heat on and off for a while to try to get the valve working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.