NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently my voltages drop to 12v and then below at times while driving (mind you i am running 2 optima yellow tops, almost 4000w amps, full car computer and double din) and my diagnosis is the alternator is going.

I know of the 3 main places to get modified alternators but i want to know which ones you all are using and how long to determine if any had problems.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
aragi or however you spell it they are the best out period. i know ohio generator is also not bad but aragi is the best that spl guys use so you know they preform

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I got mine off ebay. I forget the name of the guy that was selling it. But, it puts out 180A at 1100RPM. It suits my system, (2 10w7'[email protected] ohms, 1000/1, Type-R componts and 2 ways all running [email protected], and 2 Pioneer GM5300T), very well. I have minimal dimming while running stock battery.

I would say this would be your best bet while running the dual yellow tops. Im putting roughly around 2000W total so im going to say that with the upgraded alt and the 2 yellow tops, and big 3, you should have zero problems.

Good luck Dan.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I wanna say something like 130? I could be wrong though. it was over a year ago i got it.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you find the link that would be great that that i know someone with one that didn't have problems. i just have had some friends in the past get upgraded alternator from companies online then have all kinds of problems with them dying or shorting out etc.

My stock alternator was fine with the 2 yellow tops (suckers could power all of the audio and lighting for days) but it seems having to charge the beasts took its toll on it (which i expected to happen)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Ya i will try to get you the link ASAP. And ya zero problems with this bad boy. Very good quality. All i need now is a yellow top :D

·
Premium Member
108 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
they can build them you send them yours and they fix it up im pretty sure but dan call me up if you need any help ill talk to my connects and see what i can find for you

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,328 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got the car in 04. killed my stock bat in late 05 with small audio and car computer. then went with a yellow top. this summer however i did the larger audio, larger car computer and threw in the 2nd yellow top which i am guessing is what really did the damage. so about 6 or so months after the larger setup

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have all of the websites for alternators such as that one from all of the previous threads about it. but i am curious who actually has used them, if so which ones, how long and any problems

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
I doubt its your prob. but are you running an isolator between the 2 optimas? I learned that the hard way with my Riviera (3 Optimas). If you have nothing keeping the batteries they will kill each other. Just figured id throw it out there for ya. Oh and dont have a stock alt. rebuilt/beefed up you will only get like 10-15 amps.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,328 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.