NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have patiently worked up $1,000 to spend on my 2001 GT-S. I'm wanting to know what parts would give me the most hp. I'm sure a post like this has been posted 100 times, but frankly I'm not going to look through all 98234579234857298347592873459827345 pages of newbie posts after realizing the search really doesn't help in this situation. Thank you.

I better tell you what I have:

Injen CAI
TRD Lowering springs (1.5")
TRD Sport muffler (obviously would love to replace it with a full cat-back......a loud one too)
17" Axis Mod 7 wheels w/ Yokohama avis tires

I'm thinking about getting the Kazuma TRD Cat-back, and either DC Sport, or Hot Shot headers. (wouldn't mind the car to be much lower either)

P.S. Shipping and installation prices do not matter. If its just a lil over 1,000 thats okay too. I MUST HAVE MORE POWER. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
just do some straight customer MANDREL BENT piping to that muffler port the header/buy a header.... maybe get a hi-flow or get a lil crazy and go catless.... THEN PFC and get it tuned!!!!!!!!!!! probably a lil more then a grand but thats MORE POWER lol....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
please tell me i dont have to set the PFC myself, im like the "not a real car guy" on the AC Delco commercials, i just have a good eye lol

·
Registered
2,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
pfc is good to get when you are at a stage in your hp your comfortable at..bc if not and you try to add more parts after the pfc, you have to get it re-tuned and seeing how you arent mechanically inclined its gonna run you in the hundreds everytime unless you got the hookup...your not gonna get an insane amount of power with 1 grand..i'll say maybe 5-10. hotshot header is for a gt i believe so you cant get that..a wr racing header runs over 1k and can give you up to 10hp (just throwing out numbers do a search on it) get an exhuast/flywheel/dc header or boosted header...and when you do a search dont just type "header" because yeah you will get a billion threads on every topic that mentioned header.

·
Registered
273 Posts
An Auto....hhmmm...

Here's what you do...pay someone to steal it...then have them total it (light it on fire/drive it off a cliff, etc...)...collect the insurance money...get a 6-speed.

As Jay said...either NOS or turbo...other then that you aren't going to get any gains... Save your money and build a project car if you want speed...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the turbo will fit the auto? i remember when I was looking into getting a lancer ralliart a while back and they said that a CAI wouldnt even work cuz of the transmission, sheesh, i'm scared of getting a turbo sounds like a bajillion things can go wrong with those, how about a supercharger??

·
Banned
65 Posts
Q*Spec said:
the turbo will fit the auto? i remember when I was looking into getting a lancer ralliart a while back and they said that a CAI wouldnt even work cuz of the transmission, sheesh, i'm scared of getting a turbo sounds like a bajillion things can go wrong with those, how about a supercharger??
What does a CAI have to do with the transmission?.. A supercharger and a turbo charger work on the same principle: forcing more air into your engine. The only differnce between them (besides where they get their air from) is a turbocharger has turbo lag (time that it takes before you feel the boost) and efficiency (I think a turbo is more efficient). Also the prices for between the two are different. Look up greddy for superchargers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i'm a poor college student so i'm not going to spend that much money on the car yet, i'll have to wait till im more stabilized, lol, my goal is simply 200hp (reason is because thats how much my dads '01 monte carlo ss had stock and i always wanted to get my 4cyl. up there). Just need some simple quick power jumps for 1kilo. And I dont know, I emailed them 100 times and they said that the transmission was too big for a CAI to fit, don't ask me. According to Toyota my GT-S starts out with 180hp, I'm hoping that with the CAI, header, and TRD Kazuma I'll at least get over 190hp. Mucho Gracias celica-o owners-o for-o your-o help-o

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you can get those 3 for 1k..but you wont realize high gains bc of the auto..get a shot after those parts are installed and your at 200+ thats the best route but i dunno..i have a manual

·
Registered
419 Posts
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO.. .take that 1000, save up for about 300 more and then buy an 80's supra with a blown head gasket... then rebuild it.. and vwala! 200+ hp

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
an 80 supra is gonna have more problems than a head gasket..by the time hes done getting it just to run he could have a turbo

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Technically, you can get I/E and make 200hp. Now if we're talking about 200whp, then forget about it. It's hard enough for 6speeds to come close to that, and you'll be down by about 20whp because of the auto right off the bat. You'd need either FI or nitrous to get to 200whp on an auto.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts