NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I did a quick search, but I came up dry - can someone please tell me which external wastegate you're running, where you got it and how much it cost?

My quick Googling of UK sites only came up with

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Tial v44, local shop, $550.

It will hold me at 5.6 psi all the way upto 9,000+ rpm.

But just as important as the wastegate is the piping going from the header and attaching to the down pipe. If you have a crappy setup the wastegate won't be able to flow the amount needed and you will still get boost creap.

·
Registered
903 Posts
tial 38 new off ebay; make sure to replace the crappy gaskets that come w/ with fire ring all metal gaskets. I had to replace both of the freebie ones and they usually aren't fun to get to...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, for what I have in mind, the valve shouldn't ever see any flaming gases - I just need an automotive-grade pressure-operated valve.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Tial 44mm here, hold boost exactly where i want it, same on the Supra and All-Trac

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Tial 38mm with the dump recirculated into the exhaust about a foot and a half back from the turbo.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

Can someone please explain the spring pressure rating to me - when it says 6psi or whatever, I assume that means if you stick 6psi into the actuator, the valve will open?

What I want to know is can the valves be blown open by exhaust pressure alone (for example if there was no pressure on the actuator side), and if so, does the spring rating affect this?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
The pressure rating is the amount of boost necessary to open the wastegate when the actuator is hooked directly to boost pressure off the compressor housing. If you take the hose off the actuator completely you will probably never get the wastegate to open.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boosted2.0 said:
The pressure rating is the amount of boost necessary to open the wastegate when the actuator is hooked directly to boost pressure off the compressor housing. If you take the hose off the actuator completely you will probably never get the wastegate to open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts