NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No prob the coolest thing I thought was this could be converted on other cars for about 750$ it said. Time to upgrade the WRX :)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
"3. Fuel economy is slightly lower because the air conditioning compressor is running more often"

eh?

"It can be used to boost the performance of small displacement engines, which may have big implications if fuel economy standards are raised. "

A bit of a contradicton, but considering it only uses the air conditioning pump when at full throttle for the super-cooler to work, it most likely wouldn't make much a difference for regular driving. I wonder how easy it would be to convert to other turbo/intercooled applications?

Tik

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
:ugh: I never thought I'd see the day you say some thing positive about a domestic car or state side engineering....... I'm speechless.:eek:
Sounds like a awesome idea though your fuel economy would pretty horrible in that gaz guzzler.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the whole thing is it said it could be had for almost any supercharged/turbocharged car for around 750$. Air Conditioning dosen't kill performance or a lot of gas in my WRX so it wouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
F22-Raptor said:
Well the whole thing is it said it could be had for almost any supercharged/turbocharged car for around 750$. Air Conditioning dosen't kill performance or a lot of gas in my WRX so it wouldn't be that bad.
The car would have to be converted to a liquid to air intercooler, though. Most turbocharged street-cars come with air to air intercoolers, and would require some way to remove that system and replace it with a liquid to air system effectively.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True but most people that up the performance on their car usually replace their intercooler anyways so the big thing will be do they make one for your car/application. This probably isn't something you would do just for the heck of it but part of a larger overall strategy. And would be cheaper than nitrous.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it just uses your A/C condensor that is why a 5 gallon tak of glycol is put in and that only lasts for about 45 sec until your condensor can cool it down again..

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
All it is doing essentially is lowering the temperature of the intake air charge. You can do the same with a nx ntercooler sprayer and use co2 to spray on it. Its also been dyno proven to make some good power.

Ofcourse if you have a really efficient huge ass FMIC like I now have on my GSX the gains would be minimal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts