NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those that have been on this board for a bit longer know that once in a while I do some pulls against other cars on the street. Lately though I'm out of the scene completely as I'm getting my car ready for track time next year. The last race I reported was some 3 months ago. I'm posting this story on here and hopefully the clown in the S14 Silvia will hit upon it and read it and understand why I stopped racing on the streets in the first place.

This happened exactly a month ago. I was driving home in the afternoon after a long meeting. On a 4 lane divided road I came up behind this dropped and kitted JDM S14 at a light. Light turns green and we start moving, both in the right lane with another car in the left lane. The S14 was moving slower so I decide to switch lanes to pass, minding my own business. The S14 then gets on it to box me in before I pass him and get back into the right lane. My engine was still cold and I didn't want take it past 5K so I just slowed down and got back behind the S14. I was a little pissed but it would not have been worth it with a cold engine to pass him anyways, besides no lift on a cold engine.

We pass the car that was in the left lane and proceed unto an underpass to get on a bridge. By that time my engine is warmed up enough, we both get on the bridge and he immediately takes the left lane as there's a car in the right lane. I stay behind him, with the car in 2nd gear at around 40 waiting for him to clear the car in the right lane so I can now pass (passing is allowed on both sides here). He floors it and I do too and as soon as I hit lift I take the right lane and start passing, I short shift into 3rd at 7900 rpm and as I am next to him and pulling on him I put my index out and tell him :nono: indicating that he should not box people in when they are passing. I notice he has a girl with him and a little child about 2-3 years also. I keep pulling all through 3rd and drop 4th.

By the end of 4th I put about 2 bus lengths on him and drop 6th and slow down to normal speeds as there are two cars ahead. By then I see him charging in the rear view mirror, probably pissed at what had just happened. He has nowhere to go because both cars ahead are side by side. I was waiting for him to come up next to me, when he decides to pull one of those F&F moves: He pulls unto the shoulder doing what looks like 90 and squeezes his car between the car on the rigth lane and a 4ft high concrete wall and puts on his hazzards in supposed victory. Thankfully nothing to lament happened, but I couldn't help thinking "what an idiot" for the potentially dangerous situation for the other people on the road and the girl and child in the car. From there he weaves in and out of lanes some 300ft ahead with his hazzards still flashing.

Traffic stops at a light and he's some 6 cars ahead. Light turns green and traffic starts moving and he starts weaving in and out again, apparently he was suddenly in a hurry after he had been driving slowly before the whole thing started. I keep my lane all the time and after a while I clear traffic and get into the right lane with him now some 5 bus length ahead and no cars between us. He was apparently checking me in his mirror all the time cuz he puts his hazzards back on when I get into the lane. At that time I decided that none of this was worth it since he proved already what an idiot he was, so I just cruise happily at 50 the rest of the way.

After that I loose him but some 5-6 minutes later I come up to a light and what do you know, he's stuck in the right lane as I come up in the left lane to make my turn and what do you know, he puts on is hazzards as I stop beside him and he revs up. I shrug it off and am about to tell him how painstakingly slow his car is and that he needs a turbo on his SR20DE but I refrained myself from adding insult to his seeming injury and pissed off attitude of earlier.

It is idiots like these that had me make up my mind about not doing anymore pulls on the street. Now in case the S14 dude was curious enough to know about the Celica that spanked him badly and he somehow found his way to this board: Dude you need to get some better wiremesh for your body kit and please do not get a turbo for your SR20.

The rest of you on here: keep it safe, peace :D

Ninja edit: Dang! that's a long read, sorry guys. :chuckles:

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
nice kill...i cant stand retards like that. i saw some retard do that racing my friend in his civic. this retard in his civic was so compelled not to lose that he went off road to go around this old couple. that probably scared the crap out of them. i just wanted to knock that dumbass off the road. lol some people just cant take a loss i guess. i dont like that that guy put the kid and the girl through that. should have called the cops.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
nice story man...

i live in phx, az... so i have a lot of those ass hole around.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great story and ya i cant stand guys like that...your driving not racving and they keep being tards

...best part is they go to all theyre friends and say dude i totally destroyed this celica
haha

·
Registered
328 Posts
haha no style in that...i dont brag about my wins but i definately talk about it when some one beats me

...i love a good 1/4mile run

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
he was swerving in the lanes because his ears were burning red and he wanted to get away from you, he knew he lost and confrontation at this point takes balls which he didn't have, put his family in danger...

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
those are the people that cause accidents and kill people.

He should be castrated, and have his child taken away from him.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
that happens to me all the time........a lot of people here in PR after you beat them......they fell the need to start driving like an a-hole...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know yet as track time will be next year but judging from the races I've had with a few of the guys that are running at the track regularily it is very likely to be in the mid-high 14s if I can sort the launches well next year. The track season starts again in february so we'll know by then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
...best part is they go to all theyre friends and say dude i totally destroyed this celica
haha
Sounds like this fvckin' Cobra Mustang around here......it's S/C'd and sh!t but he is a MAJOR FVCKIN RICER....take like 2 mins to back out of a parking spot cause he overrevs the crap out of it doing that.You don't even need to see him because you can hear it 6 blocks away because I think he drives in second gear at 5000 rpms or so.He thinks he's such a bad @ss.I can't wait until his engine blows up.......which has to be soon.

One time I was at a light minding my own business in my GT-S and this douche cannon (said Cobra) pulls up next to me in the right lane (i'm in the left lane).Green light he fvckin FLOORS it smokes me (I ddin't even attempt to race him,I know better) and gets in my lane ahead of me.I never got the chance to pull up to him at the next light and tell him 'Is a Celica all you can beat with that??' kind of thing.A lot of Stangs around here are fvcking ricers.......

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
iv had people come up to me at meets and try to set up a race, id usually say yes no matter what car it was..
but they had there wife and kid in the back..
and one was a gt-s with a 50 shot trying to run me with his kid asleed in the passenger side at 3 am. :nono:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
iv had people come up to me at meets and try to set up a race, id usually say yes no matter what car it was..
but they had there wife and kid in the back..
and one was a gt-s with a 50 shot trying to run me with his kid asleed in the passenger side at 3 am. :nono:
what a ****ing chode. guys like that need to be taken out back and a bullet put to there head. along with the wife/mother/**** buddy. for even allowing him to do such ****.

pisses me off when i got my 2 year old in the car and some dumb **** tries to ride my ass gets me to race. i just hold up the sponge bob blanket and point to the back and they get the hint but some of them really don't care. :bang:

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts