NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I could not find one here is a list of Factory Color codes USDM, EDM and JDM. I know this may not be a complete list at the moment, please post color codes that I have missed. Lets limit this to factory celica color codes, please dont include all color codes that exist. I will try to find the best natural light pictures that express the paint color well. Pictures are used from this site's members when available, and will eventually all be resized to be the same.

1D0 - Liquid Silver Metallic (00-02)

1E7 - Quicksilver Metallic (03-05)

3P0 - Absolutely Red

576 - Solar Yellow

040 - Super White

8M6 - Spectra Blue Mica

1D2 - Thundercloud Metallic Grey

202 - Astral Black

210 - Carbon Blue

8N0 - Zephyr Blue

6R4 - Island Green

·
The Brotéch
811 Posts
8m6 > 040> 210 > The rest

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
They're pretty close, but the 1E7 I believe is slightly darker but not by a lot. If someone were to have a 1E7 bodykit and a 1D0 body you'd be able to see the difference. I think one member, maybe Mido, had this situation.

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're pretty close, but the 1E7 I believe is slightly darker but not by a lot. If someone were to have a 1E7 bodykit and a 1D0 body you'd be able to see the difference. I think one member, maybe Mido, had this situation.
I have a 1e7 rear bumper on a 1d0 car for the time being and its only noticible by car people who stare at it for a minute. IN the right light its really noticible

and now thinking about it the 1e7 should be a lighter silver because e comes after d in the alphabet thus resulting in a higher hue value and a lighter shade

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Ahhh gotcha, yeah I wasn't sure if it was lighter or darker. Just knew one was slightly darker than the other but wasn't sure which one.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
I have a 1e7 rear bumper on a 1d0 car for the time being and its only noticible by car people who stare at it for a minute. IN the right light its really noticible

and now thinking about it the 1e7 should be a lighter silver because e comes after d in the alphabet thus resulting in a higher hue value and a lighter shade
Ahhh gotcha, yeah I wasn't sure if it was lighter or darker. Just knew one was slightly darker than the other but wasn't sure which one.
Maybe you guys can explain this. When i got my new front bumper. the blue on it doesnt match my 8m6. I always chalked it up to a poor blending job but.. :shrugs:

[/url]

[/url]

Notice at the red dots (Portions of my car not in the shade) there is a NOTICEABLE difference. Yet at the green dots when shade is covering the car its much less noticeable. I'll try to take a better pic but when you're standing straight on in sunlight its obviously like 7 shades lighter...

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Yeah I can tell, I think it's the same with mine in some areas but not so noticeable.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Maybe you guys can explain this. When i got my new front bumper. the blue on it doesnt match my 8m6. I always chalked it up to a poor blending job but.. :shrugs:

[/url]

[/url]

Notice at the red dots (Portions of my car not in the shade) there is a NOTICEABLE difference. Yet at the green dots when shade is covering the car its much less noticeable. I'll try to take a better pic but when you're standing straight on in sunlight its obviously like 7 shades lighter...
That would be because they did not blend it and feather it out. They just painted the bumper. Paint will NEVER look the same unless it's from the same batch. Hence why if you ever paint a car or get the color scanned and mixed up, always buy extra. It lasts for ages if stored properly.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Yeah I can tell, I think it's the same with mine in some areas but not so noticeable.
It's annoying. and is now the reason as to why i need a new front bumper. Kinda wish i had my original front end so i could just lip it. but meh w/e

That would be because they did not blend it and feather it out. They just painted the bumper. Paint will NEVER look the same unless it's from the same batch. Hence why if you ever paint a car or get the color scanned and mixed up, always buy extra. It lasts for ages if stored properly.
Yep. truth be told i didnt even notice it until a few days later. it looked fine in the garage (no light to hit it) etc. I was pretty upset about it

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
The marketing names Toyota gave the two silvers are as follows: 1d0 = Liquid Silver Metallic (or LSM) and 1e7 = Quicksilver Metallic (QSM).
Just adding that since you listed the marketing names for the other colors but generalized the silvers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.