NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
a muffler did all that damge? you must have been doing atleast 15mph when you hit him.

but yeah its reapairable but you need a whole new radiator support.

maybe you find a scraped celica near your and probaly the best thig i would do is cut the firewall and frame and just weld the new one to your old?

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
ok ok heres the parts you'll need from what I see...
bumper cover
crash bar
crash foams (which you did not have installed, they could have lessened damage to items below)
radiator
condenser

and of course welding/labor/cutting for the core support as well as paint for the bumper cover/hood. total depends on if you get yourself used parts and do your own labor.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You rear-ended a car that stopped for a red light.
he didnt stop at a red light, it was green when i looked up before impact. he approached the red light trying to time it so he can blow threw it as it flips green without having to slow down but he was going to fast and it didnt hit green as he about ran the red light, he instantly slammed his brakes then tried to accell as it flipped green in his stop. but yes i hit him doesnt mean i was at fault... learn to stop right, taillights are for a reason... you cant see the light because of the overpass blocking the view untl your basically right under the light

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
He's not at fault if you hit him no matter how you slice it in the law's eyes. The reason you got the ticket was because in a traffic accident, usually the person who's at fault will receive a ticket for whatever they did wrong which caused the accident. And don't get mad at the cop either, he's only doing as hes told.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I heard that the radiator support on these cars bolts off. Assuming that, it shouldn't be too hard to fix up the damage
Im not sure, but from looking at it, if it wont unbolt ill cut it off, and weld up a new core support. now all i need is the parts, the only celica in our local junkyard is front end wrecked.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Arizona has a civil compromise thing where if you hit somebody and you are at fault the cop will give the person you a hit a piece of paper saying that he will not 'press charges'.

In AZ the guy just has to sign it and fax it to the court. And it is free, no traffic school, no points on your license etc. Mebbe Oregon has this too????

Definitely looks repairable. Glad you are all right man...

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
sorry to bug you about another topic...

what type of zex are you running? model number?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i'm pretty sure the Celica radiator support is a bolt-on item. You dont wanna open up the can of worms with welding a new one on without the experience doing it. You have to line it up PERFECT or your fenders, bumper, and hood all will fit incorrectly. It took 2 tries to get it right on my friend Andys' Integra. You would be better off towing the car disassembled to a frame shop so they can make sure everything is in spec before you continue work. But like I said, i'm pretty damn sure the celica one bolts right on so you may have to un-bend some of the connecting brackets but other than that you should be all set.

·
Bye 2zz, hello 3sgte
1,864 Posts
I think you guys are both at fault.
The white car driver is stupid for trying that.
And you are at fault too because you failed to stop in time.
The Light should of been red already right? So you should of slowed down anyways.
You said you were "distracted" that is also your fault. I'm not talking bull. But yeah I'm just saying. Oh and That cop is a jerk.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
And you are at fault too because you failed to stop in time.
lol i was stopping, i accidentally out of reaction stomped my brakes locking the tires and slid straight instead of turning around the car like i tried to but oh well

The Light should of been red already right? So you should of slowed down anyways.
you cant see the light until your about 2 car lengths away because of the overpasses next to it, its a DUMBASS decision to put the light in there, its about 3 months old, and has caused many wrecked. Ive had about 3 close calls at the light from almost being hit, and just my luck i end up hitting someone =/

i'm pretty sure the Celica radiator support is a bolt-on item. You dont wanna open up the can of worms with welding a new one on without the experience doing it. You have to line it up PERFECT or your fenders, bumper, and hood all will fit incorrectly. It took 2 tries to get it right on my friend Andys' Integra. You would be better off towing the car disassembled to a frame shop so they can make sure everything is in spec before you continue work. But like I said, i'm pretty damn sure the celica one bolts right on so you may have to un-bend some of the connecting brackets but other than that you should be all set.
yeah i think your right, most of it bolt off and on so thanks.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Accidents happen people that's why we have insurance yep he took his eyes off the road for a min and caused an accident. He was just showing the damage in this thread. Theres no need for the constant repromanding on this site its getting ridiculous.

Glad your alright and glad your airbags didnt deploy. GL with the repairs

21 - 40 of 43 Posts