NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a used set of Falkens that I am going to put on the car for an upcoming autocross to 'practice' for the RevIt Up Tour....

Anyone got some starting pressures for me....

Charles, what shock setttings have you run with the Falkens....

Free Rides in the Mazda 6 if I win it for all those that help...

Rick

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Rick,
The SEDiv event was the first and only time we've run the Azenis in anger. We tightened the rear slightly (not the actual shock setting, just the balance) but I think that had more to do with the wet pavement as the tires. We set the pressures @ 40, 30 as a guess. You want to talk to Scott (axer) he's the Azeni master!
(Great show sunday Scott!) He's got em working about as good as Kumhos.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
What surface are you running on?

I've been finding that it's hard to get enough front grip with the Falkens.

On concrete in April (nice weather) I couldn't seem to add enough air to the rear to make the car turn (even lifting didn't have the desired effect). This weekend on fairly gritty and slightly abrasive asphalt I was running 40 psi front and rear and the car felt pretty good, just a slight lift and the car would turn in nicely.

Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
On a GT with stock suspension and alignment settings w/ 15x7 wheels, I was running 40 front and 44 rear. This was after trying to get the car to turn in using lower pressures in the rear, 25lbs. w/ 44 the car was on the loose side, but that's just how i like it :). Once I add some negative camber up front I'll be looking to drop the pressure.

Jeff H
NYR - STS #23

·
Registered
54 Posts
At a winter event (no trophies) here in Colorado I ran my stock GT-S in STS with my stock wheels and Azenis.

I PAX'ed 3rd over all and was quite impressed with the grip of the Azenis. From talking to a lot of the local STS drivers I settled into 37 front and 33 rear wich seemed to give me good predictable grip (I'm a toss and catch kind of driver). My Koni's are full hard in front and 80% of full hard in rear.

This is also close to what we're running in our STX Mini S.

Hope it helps.

Mason

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
I've been using around 42-44 front and 36-39 rear, depending on surface and weather conditions. I'm running STS with Hotchkis sways, TRD springs and frt/rear tower bars.

Good luck with the Mazda Rev It Up event! Hope to see you at Laguna Seca! :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Rick
From my friends who have already done the Mazda deal: Try to get one of the automatic trans cars for the practice course, since all the competition ones are autos. Also be sure you have the shifter in the right position, it's different than most auto shifters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts