NewCelica.org Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
6gc doesn't look promising at all. What, we'll have all of 10 people there including passengers?

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I can cook if I have to. I'll even grab a pack of fire wood at the gas station and we can all cuddle by the fire places.

Look at it this way, we'll have run of the place if it's a chilly day.

Also, I'm banning myself from any future meet planning. If we all go somewhere good for dinner we can redeem this meet. Giordanos in Minooka sounds good to me or the place I always suggest in Wilmington called Hayden's Crossing.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The problem as I see it is we have nobody bringing anything but what, hot dogs?

I can stop tomorrow on the way out in the Evo but I need to know what to get. I have zero issues getting charcoal, etc. And I have some spare grill tools around here. I just need numbers and to know who's bringing what.

Or....... due to all the no-shows, we can resched or wait 'til Spring...

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just saw that Mr Burger isn't coming. I'll stop at a Walmart or something and get some good brats and buns or whatever looks good so we can at least have those, I won't get those awful pre-formed patties though. If there's not many of us then the little grill will work fine. I'll make sure there's some tasty food somehow. Like I said, if grilled lunch is a wash then we can redeem it at dinner, depending where we go. Old man, come out to dinner with us man.

I'm still going, rain, shine, snow, hail, brimstone, or flood.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
So none of my questions get answered...

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Exactly. Myself, Lindsay, and Ryan (my guest) will be there as well for sure. Just had a conversation with Lindsay. I'm brining a propane grill as back up. He's bringing charcoal. I'm going to grab on my way some hot dog buns and things to put in them and whatever else looks good for side items or some cookies or whatever. He's going to bring burger buns and burgers, condiments. We're both bringing some Capri Sun because 'we're 5 or something'.

If you want something else not on the short list above, bring it and we can cook it. We're guys, it's fire, we can cook damn near anything.

I do plan on grabbing a single pack of firewood still so we can have a fire in one of the fire places again, we did that at a prior cold meet and it was nice. Because of emerald ash borer I have to get wood local to where we're at so I'll be running up to town to grab some and can get whatever gas station items we're missing or just take orders for Jimmy Jons :rofl:

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ok. I was thinking that instead of a cold wet muddy hike we could all cruise up to the lodge and see the lodge, visitor center, and the overlooks over the river. May catch the bald eagles out too!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm going for sure. Rain or shine. Cold or heat. You name it I'm just going to bring drinks and snacks I guess. If anything else is required let me know. I'll have a tasty brat from Bitter! Also game for evening dinner as long as it's on my way home.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.