NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
I was beating 1st place in FF last night until that 2nd garbage time TD to Benjamin.
NFL players play in 6-figure pay-day fantasy leagues. It is known that FF has a huge impact on the NFL and the outcome of many "garbage time" bonus points.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to discover the Eagles purposely let up to allow for the potential garbage time bonus points of particular players to occur. Of course, this will never be admitted.

Peter King of TheMMQB.com explains that, during his training-camp tour, he has caught wind of “undue pressure some players and coaches feel from big-money fantasy-football players.” Writes King, “I had one coach tell me there’s so much money in some of these fantasy-football playoff pools that people who used to gamble with bookies illegally are now gambling in high-stakes fantasy-football leagues, which is not illegal.” King adds that the “NFL has its antennae up over this, and it’ll be interesting to see if the pressure escalates to more serious threats on players or coaches.”

Interesting, and incredibly alarming. Although physical threats against those responsible for poor player performances are possible, it seems more likely that those who would consider breaking the law to express displeasure in losing large amounts of money would be far more inclined to break the law in order to win large amounts of money.

In what would be a bizarre twist on point shaving, coaches and players could in theory be bribed to ensure that certain players will generate significant production, or that certain players will be shut down. Getting to coaches and assistant coaches who control the offensive game plan would be the most efficient approach. It also would help to grease defenders who would be inclined to slip on an invisible banana peel, springing a specific player for a touchdown or two. Or four.

The league, which generates significant profit and attention both directly and indirectly from fantasy football, should be concerned about the potential for corruption. Even if playing fantasy football for significant amounts of money isn’t illegal, at a certain point the money in the balance will open the door for all sorts of illegal activity.
Many of you probably are not aware of this, but Bookies are the who were in control of fantasy football leagues long before the virtual internet FF leagues came into the picture, and we all know who, by and large, own the Bookies...

I mean, you almost have to respect Pete Rose for coming out and admitting he's a degenerate gambler on Football.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
An excerpt from an interesting article:

Television has changed the way football is played. It is because of TV that the two-minute warning exists (to allow for a commercial break when interest in the game has peaked). Former president of ABC Sports Roone Arledge (the man behind Monday Night Football) once said, “Most of what TV does wrong is done to generate more dollars for [NFL] owners. If we cram 18 commercials into a football game it’s because the owners and the Leagues are so damned greedy in what they ask for rights.”(23)In 1965, when CBS paid over $14 million for the rights to the NFL games, “they acted as if they had bought the sport, including the people who played it.”(24) Perhaps they did. Former NFL player Tim Green wrote, “If you think that the players in an NFL game aren’t only aware, but affected by the television cameras and microphones, you’re wrong….Players often know when the cameras are on them whether they cam see the little red lights or not, and they play to them as if they were on a Hollywood movie set.”(25)
The closing paragraph:

There is nothing anywhere that states the NFL and the networks couldn’t script the season to get the maximum amount of fan appeal they desire. Does that mean every single game is fixed? No. But could they spot a potential story line in a team and play it for all it’s worth? Certainly. In 1971, former NFL star Bernie Parrish wrote, “With $139 million at stake for the owners, $84 million for the television networks, and up to $66 billion for organized crime’s bookmaking syndicates, and with what I learned as a player, no one will ever convince me that numerous NFL games aren’t fixed.”(26) Now, thirty years later, with the dollar figures 10 times what they were then, one would have to be naïve to believe that the NFL would leave everything – its name, its money, its very existence -- up to chance.
Source: http://thefixisin.net/fantasy.html

#conspiracy#hashtag#NFLisrigged#Eagleswon'teverwinaSB#TheCurseOfWilliamPennisReal#Whoaaaaaaa

·
Super Moderator
44,270 Posts
<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O5v1u3X9OT6/embed/postcard" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Oh I almost forgot!

2KGTS, your Cowgirls got their fucking teeth kicked in.

They were bad. They were worse than bad. They were fucking awful. :laugh:

Mark Sanchez looked like Aaron Rodgers out there.

Owned by the Eagles on all sides of the ball.

Sure Dallas is "good on the road" this year... but they don't have a snowball's chance in hell at beating the Eagles in Philadelphia this year.

Behind GB, Philadelphia is the best team in the NFC. Fact.

I'm a Belieber of the Sanchise!
Fly Eagles, Fly!

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
May the next butt fumble be with you.
Based on the way he's played the past few games, I'd rather have under center than Foles. :laugh: :ugh:

Napolean Dynamite looks so awkward when he's out there. At least Sanchez knows how to move his feet, step up into pocket, evaluate his options, and/or scramble when need be. Foles legitimately cannot run.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Would like to trade your former Michigan State QB for ours? I'll take Foles.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Well seeing how high you are on buttfumble, I figured I would give it a shot.
His line and viable options in Philadelphia are infinitely better than in NY. Also he now has an exceptionally better coaching staff... So what does the bûtt fumble have to do with how well he has been playing?

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
That nickname will live in infamy. I would put that play on the same page as when Gus Frerotte (sp?) said hello to the wall with his head for no reason.

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jKzujiHV_wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
So what does the bûtt fumble have to do with how well he has been playing?
with how well he has been playing
how well he has been playing
Lolwut?!

That nickname will live in infamy.
The Eagles are one buttfumble away from a Superbowl, believe it or not. Hopefully they figure out a way to beat Dallas on the road, because the Eagles' home win streak is now over.

Eagles have lost to the 9ers, Cards, Packers, and now Seahawks, who are all potential teams for 1st round playoff matches.
Skins are 3-10.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts