NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets make this quick.

I just saw the movie, and forgeting the topic of how boring and bad was the movie, there was one thing that came to my mind.

Im not very good at recognicing some extra modded cars, but I think that I saw drifting some cars that were FWD.

How is that possible?

Kat.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Its not. the frt wheel drive car you may have seen "drifting" was actually just sliding sideways. Rear wheel drive cars drift cuz they can spin the back wheels under power.

I don't get it sprint cars have been goin sideways since the 1920's BIG DEAL.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven't seen the movie. But you can drift any car depending on the set up and what type of drift you want to achieve.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
:faint:

·
Registered
752 Posts
i thought the movie was pretty good. way better than the second one. just the main actor wasnt really that great... good movie though
oh and drifting is a pretty retarded "sport".

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can not drift in FWD cars and thats Final! The cars in the movie like the AWD Evo were modded to be RWD!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I haven't seen the movie. But you can drift any car depending on the set up and what type of drift you want to achieve.
Yeah for FWD this is the setup you will need minus the food in order to drift>
Even attempting to drift in a FWD car is retarded and is not going to happen without lunch trays under the back tires and the e-brake on. Which is still :gay:

·
Registered
748 Posts
drifting isnt cool anyway, i saw the movie and was almost positive if they just drove those courses they had, they would have been faster then sliding through them...what a waste of tires.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
kylebGTS said:
Yeah for FWD this is the setup you will need minus the food in order to drift>
Even attempting to drift in a FWD car is retarded and is not going to happen without lunch trays under the back tires and the e-brake on. Which is still :gay:
lol kind of fun, never did it with the celi but my friend did it with her accent. it was pretty hilarious. :popcorn: the road was wet too. big empty parking lot. just sucks when the tray starts to wear down and the driver doesnt realize when a ton of smoke is pouring from the back....

·
Registered
133 Posts
those of you who say drifting is not fun, have not really experienced it. While not the best drift cars, my supra and is300 are both lots of fun to slide around in (when in safe places, of course). Drifting and 7th Gen celicas have nothing to do with eachother.

·
Registered
473 Posts
While not the best drift cars, my supra and is300
A supra would make an excellent drift car. How dare you talk down the almighty supra! :D I Wish I had one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Supras are too heavy to drift.

Try driving in an FD. That car was made to go sideways, its so freaking easy to drift, and its a ton of fun :D

Tires get expensive though, so if you plan on starting.. 1) My FD is for sale, driftspec coilovers are extra :D. 2) Make friends with someone who sells tires and 3) Never try and drift a fwd car. You look stupid, slow and like a fanboy. There were no FF cars drifting in F&F3. If you claim any of those skylines were Civics, I'll kill you right now :p

And before adding here, make sure you read http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217444 The majority of the drifting ff car discussion is here.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
StaticX27 said:
Supras are too heavy to drift.

Try driving in an FD. That car was made to go sideways, its so freaking easy to drift, and its a ton of fun :D

Tires get expensive though, so if you plan on starting.. 1) My FD is for sale, driftspec coilovers are extra :D. 2) Make friends with someone who sells tires and 3) Never try and drift a fwd car. You look stupid, slow and like a fanboy. There were no FF cars drifting in F&F3. If you claim any of those skylines were Civics, I'll kill you right now :p

And before adding here, make sure you read http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217444 The majority of the drifting ff car discussion is here.
and FD's are troublesome to fix... anything RWD is suitable to drift with.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not true. MR-S's are actually damn hard to drift. Its all about weight ratio and wheel base. Miatas also are pretty difficult to drift because the wheel base is too short.

FD's are that troublesome to fix either. There are enough rotary shops availible now a days that its not as ridiculously expensive to get motor rebuilds. And if you're smart, you won't blow your motor every 50k miles. Previous owner of mine was stupid. I just got it rebuilt properly and have it tuned properly. My engine won't blow for awhile, unless the new owner is a dumbass

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Close this crap. End of story is that any car can drift. Some do it much much better than others and their designs make it easy, others are much harder but still achievable.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts