NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, so i'm thinking about sinking my teeth into the fabrication business, and start off by making hoodscoops, they'll be made of polyU and will come primed and if desired painted (For painting please send color code and allow time, there will be an extra charge, the actual amount i am not sure of yet), i will be making my own design, it will be similar to the C-ONE scoop tho. with a couple of extras . I'm thinking price to start off at around 100 bucks for the first 12? and according from there we will move on to maybe 200/150 depending on how big of a hit this is plus shipping
NOTE: This is the cost WITHOUT the painting.

I NEED feedback from anyone and EVERYONE. so PLEASE let me know what you guys think. I will be looking for ideas such as height, do you want a metal mesh in it so that it stops bugs and debree from flying in, and other things. right now i dont think i will be making any CF items as they are more expensive to make and i am JUST trying to sink my teeth in them.

Painting will be done by a professional Auto shop in my town. this guy works on restoring cars so you can be sure it will be done right. i do not trust places like Maaco and such. I've heard horrible things about their service and it's because they are about quantity vs quality. this guy owns his own little shop and although it's a bit more expensive, it'll last a LOT longer.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
no updates?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are the updates, its basically going to be 3 models, one thats very similar to tsunami, another similar to c-one and the other will be a full original, it'll be similar to the drawing except w 2 fins, the fins will be shorter and less protruding. the sides wont be that extended either, they'll actually extend less than the c-one. here is the link to the other thread. read up on it, and post your comments here as the mod closed that one for it being on the wrong section

Custom scoop forum follow up your comments on THIS page please

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i know, thats why i posted the link aswell incase people wanted to know about it and wanted to post their ideas towards it. any input any ideas you guys have let me know. the final model will not be done until 3 weeks from now. i have a lot of work to do including contacting the other companies for the resin and such

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Our cars are lacking clean looking parts. The cleaner it is, the more interest you'll probably get, if we wanted rice we would look on E-bay

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
pictures/ drawings, material?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i dont think he will ever make any.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
Listen, I'm pretty much the most lenient mod in this joint but this is NOT the group buy section. This is the fabrication forum, and all you've done is quote prices on a product you have no build pictures of, no final pictures of, and no fabrication information on whatsoever. Out of respect I'm not going to close this thread nor will I edit your original post (as you can do that yourself) in return I ask that you please recognize that the intent of this forum is to encourage, enable, and exercise fabrication projects pertaining to the Celica and that you edit your first post accordingly. If you wish to sell products on NewCelica you MUST be a sponsor. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me via pm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts