NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a huge differnece between Fiberglass and URETHANE parts as far as exterier goes? I did a search and couldent find anything on this that was recent. Anybody have an opinion? Thanks

Village Celica tard

Maniak

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
As for exterior, if everything is prepped and painted right it will look the same. Fiberglass is fragile and will crack though, but Urethane is heavier and can flex, basically

·
get that motabs going!
18,289 Posts
if you got the money, go for Urethane. It's better in my opinion and more expansive. Unfortunately not all kit comes in Urethane. Its easier to install if you have a Urethane kit also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you are building a show car and want something wild then fiberglass is the way to go...but if you will use your car as a daily driver and want something durable then urethane...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Urethane is much better for a daily driver.. A little bump will crack fiberglass, I have bumped my urethane lip, and it just rebounds after a little bump.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put an order in for the Blits Fender package... I called the guy back to make sure wether it was all fiberglass or Urethane. He said they dont make Urethane in that style. I pointed out that i found a company online who did and gave him the site. He said he would call back and let me know what he can find out. Side and back i can deal with fiberglass but i know for sure i need to either get a urethane Front or get a urethane front as well and hold one to the fiberglass for shows. Thanks for everyones help and opinions and i will be nagging people with more pestering questions soon.

Village Celica Tard

Maniak

Oh btw when i get the parts and install it, i will document it for the site incase someone else who is in my position needs detailed info, may not be much but something fun to do while i work :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks but i already bought the complete kit, appreciate it tho

Village Celica Tard
Maniak

1 - 13 of 13 Posts