NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says. i need to buy a new clutch a.s.a.p so i can get it installed a.s.a.p :)

i want to be able to beat on the clutch every now and then, but i dont usualy race from a stand still.

i was thinking about the TRD Clutch from trdracing.com

but i dont know what works!?!?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Common? someone help me here. . .

also, the shop wants to change me 7 hours of labor, at 50$/hr? seem reasonable?

·
Registered
340 Posts
i got mine done for 300 total for the install..... but he did it in like 3 hours too but anyway i have the rps clutch and fidanza flywheel i like that combo a lot

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much did u pay for ur RPS and where' did u get it from?

can u give me some feedback on the clutch?

·
Registered
340 Posts
i bought mine from suprastore.com it didnt come with a throw out bearing which was weird but i just went and bought a new one from the dealer the clutch was 260 i think

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by Mayhem2k
i bought mine from suprastore.com it didnt come with a throw out bearing which was weird but i just went and bought a new one from the dealer the clutch was 260 i think
I got mine from Titan and it didnt come with a new throw out bearing either. Unfortunately I installed it without a new one and now I have a nice chirping sound at idle.

·
Registered
434 Posts
which rps clutch would you recommend if mainly daily driving, occasional racing. I'm also going to get a 50shot, but use only on once or twice on the weekends

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
"MAX" Pressure Plate w/ Street Disc

These kits include a stock OEM disk and a "Max" RPS blue pressure plate. The OEM disk provides for a stock like engagement, however, with the increased clamping force from the pressure plate, much greater holding power is achieved.

----------------

Thats the one I have and I like it alot. They kinda scared me when they said 60% more pressure increase but it feels just a lil stiffer then stock and has great engagement.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Go with the TRD Japan, it's a great combo and Fidanza actually makes it...

It's easy to drive and holds up pressure I've had that combo on for almost a year, it survived my 75 shot of n2o and is holding up nicely under my current boost.

I looooooooove it

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I havent tried it yet but I choosed rps max clutch w/ fidanza F/W ..ordered form monkeywrench and had a great FAST service, they have the F/W in stock .. which is good those days apparently.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
larryd said:
I got mine from Titan and it didnt come with a new throw out bearing either. Unfortunately I installed it without a new one and now I have a nice chirping sound at idle.
you can see the rubber boot that the clutch fork enters into the tranny case, pop it back with a screw drive and spray some lith grease right onto the TOB...works for every car with a slightly squeeky TOB....

·
Registered
340 Posts
yea the guy that installed mine said you might as well get the t/o bearing it was like 30 bucks i think? and after we got the old one out it would have started chirping soon

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by RedNOSceli
you can see the rubber boot that the clutch fork enters into the tranny case, pop it back with a screw drive and spray some lith grease right onto the TOB...works for every car with a slightly squeeky TOB....
thanks for the heads up, I'll try that.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by RedNOSceli
Hmm, I wouldn't think that would work on the TOB, since it's sealed.

·
Registered
903 Posts
that flywheel and the TRD clutch makes a good combination

1 - 20 of 31 Posts