NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Injen short ram intake and I want to replace the filter. now my question is does my car still have the air filter, or is it just the filter on the end of the tube? I know this is a retarded question but I did a search and didnt find anything so I am posting. Also, could I get a K&N filter for the end of the short ram? Thanks in advance everyone.

· Registered
541 Posts
Yea I was planning on replacing my air filter for my injen CAI also. Does injen use the same oil base for all of their filters? Also, does the color of the filter matter? For example, my old air filter was blue and if I were to replace it with a red one with the same diameter then will it matter? I know, its probably a retarded question but thanks in advance!

· Registered
8,076 Posts
Originally posted by BgLtUsE
Yea I was planning on replacing my air filter for my injen CAI also. Does all the injen air filter use the same oil base for the filter? Also, does the color of the filter matter? For example, my old air filter was blue and if I were to replace it with a red one with the same diameter then will it matter? I know, its probably a retarded question but thanks in advance!
the red ones are dyno proven to lose power. but those ebay speed chips should get the power right back.

BTW if you check the install forums you'd find this ... http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118054

also,if you know it's a stupid question, why would you ask it? you could simply PM any of the people who daily post good information on the site. then you wouldnt have to worry about it being a stupid question. :gap:

unless of course it's so stupid they ignore you, in which case you should re-think it anyhow.

· Registered
541 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
the red ones are dyno proven to lose power. but those ebay speed chips should get the power right back.

BTW if you check the install forums you'd find this ... http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118054

also,if you know it's a stupid question, why would you ask it? you could simply PM any of the people who daily post good information on the site. then you wouldnt have to worry about it being a stupid question. :gap:

unless of course it's so stupid they ignore you, in which case you should re-think it anyhow.
Well, the problem with my air filter is that its lop sided and stuff. I got in a minor accident and the filter needs to be replaced, but good thing it was only cosmetic damages. Oh, btw I said that it's Probably a retarded question, but thanks. I'll keep that in mind the next time I think I have a dumb question

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another thing about the good ol short rammer....it has a splash guard on it and i think that there is really no reason for having it on a short ram since I have all my stock plastics and I do not even think that any water could even come close to getting into it. so should I take it off? I have a stock hood if that matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.