NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i used to own a '00 Celica GT-S, however that was wrecked and toatled out about 2 years ago. I ended up settling for a '00 Jetta VR6, and missed my celica ever since, but couldn't find one when i needed a car. Some of you may remember these:

Well, today i traded in the VR6. I liked it while i had it, but it was no Celica. I found a 02 GT, and i really wanted a GT-S, but i really dont mind the GT, it rides VERRY smooth, and feels like brand new. Besides my fathers 08 Accord, i have never drove a car that rides quite this well, not taking into consideration that this has been lowered. So here are some pics of the new one, does anyone have any tips or ideas on what i should do to it or anything? (Back end of the celica is stock)

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Pics don't work...

I also went from a Jetta to a celica, a great upgrade. I must say i love my GTS.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
um a VR to a celica GT is a big downgrade in my opinion

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well idk why the pics didnt work, but here are the ones of the current car. The wrecked one is done for, and i don't think i can get the pics uploaded. These are kinda small and all, i used my phone to take the pics. But its better than nothing...and please dont say silver is overrated :p

As far as the opinion on the upgrade / downgrade goes, think what you like, i know the GT is slower. That i do not mind, the VR6 was having lots of problems, i drive over 50 miles a day to and from work, and the Celi just looks better. It drives better. In this case, it was the better choice.

I was actually trying to sell the Jetta on this site a while ago, it was black w/ black rims. I can't remember my usernames, and i didn't even know i had this one back quite a few years ago when i was an immature teen :wiggle:.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try and get some closer, and better pics up. It has 17" Konig rims, idk the model. Clear side markers, and is lowered. That is about all i know, and i still think it looks amazing. I had my jetta all blacked out and i still think the mostly stock celica looks better.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eibach springs. I had to lay down on the ground at the dealership and get a good look at em. I thought it was just a low sitting car compared to the Jetta until i sat in it

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
um a VR to a celica GT is a big downgrade in my opinion
why? They're both about equally quick in a straight line (VR has more power but the car weighs 10 million tons) and the Celica has superior braking and handling.

Not to mention VWs are probably the least reliable car you can buy these days.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thx. Now i have to figure out what i want to do with it, since most appearance mods have been touched base with...kinda.

*s2k antenna, rims, lowered, tint, clear markers. All i can think of is maybe head and tail-lights. I know speed is not really an option with the GT. The upside is for about the difference in money i would spend on a GT-S (if i could find one thats not an auto) would be about what i could pay for a supercharger...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silent you are from Louisville, thats where i got my GT at. Go to the Toyota of Louisville, and check out the VR6. It was crap interior when i got it and rice'd out in all kinds of ways. I was going to do big things with it and all, but i just didn't like the car and felt there was no point after outside look and sound. After driving that you would probably think the GT is a way better pick, just like i do now.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I'd rather be in a toyota then a sh*t v dub any day.

PS Uber cool.

·
Registered
917 Posts
grats and welcome back :gap:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anybody have any pics of how low the stock Celica sits? I just want a reference to how low mine is. It feels really low...maybe because i have been sitting in a high box for a while?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.