NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my car about 2 years now, and for a good year and a half of that ive been ridin around on my 18s with no drop lookin like a monster truck

so i finally got around to puttin some trd springs and kyb gr-2s on this weekend they only dropped about an inch or so, but least it gets rid of the huge gap i had earlier. im hoping theyll drop a bit more once the springs settle some more

anyways heres some pics, theyre only from a phone tho, i'll take more later, maybe find a before and after or somethin

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone, im gunna find a before n after tomorrow

i like the set up so far. definitely feels more stable at higherspeeds and has less body roll cornering. not as much as ide like, but this is my dd and being able to still get in my driveway is nice. i also put one of those trd 3pnt rear strut bars on about a week before installing these, which helps a lot too. wutchu guys think shud be next suspensionwise? i was thinkin cusco front lower tie bar or hotchkis sways.. never dropped a subframe ona car before tho..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks better, but is your tires installed correctly?
thats what i said when the shop first put em on.. but they said they were fine, just the way they beaded on the rim had them overlap a little or something

iuno, its worked so far. plus helps if i tap the curb parking opposed to my old ones (i believe 215 35 18s) where my rims would get chunks out of em from even the slightest contact

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
How come your drop looks lower than mine when Hotchkis is supposed to be lower than TRD :ugh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ iuno dude, maybe cuz i got bigass tires that fill the wheel gap?

anyways heres before and after, quality is pretty crappy, but was the best ones i could find

before:

after:

now u can see why the the thread says dropped... kinda

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nah, yea i got some plasticx and some 3m rubbing compound i use, the car is just really dirty in general right now :thumbdown i needa giver a wash.. but that damn tree in the background mixed w the dirt on the ground cover my sh!t on a daily basis.. i was thinking carport, but most are pretty big, i would prolly have to make my own

1 - 17 of 17 Posts