NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a photo of my dyno sheet:

Do the numbers look appropriate for an AEM CAI, TRD exhaust? I needed a baseline of my car, because I will be adding new parts very soon. :)

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 75k on this engine :) 82k on odometer. Does my dyno look bad?

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too lazy to take off the exhaust and intake, so this dyno will be my baseline. I'm going to put on the DC Sports header and get a Unichip in a couple of weeks, so I don't have the time to make my car stock, dyno it again, then add more parts and tune it. (Did I mention I'm in a wedding next week? :) )I need to have everything ready for the first Winter season auto-x event, at the end of the month. I'm trolling for Civics ;) hehe!

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$65 for baseline and don't know how much for tuning. I'll be going up to Oakland, Bauer Porsche, for further tuning. Just needed a cheap baseline, other places were charging by the hour.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by pr0file
$65 for baseline and don't know how much for tuning. I'll be going up to Oakland, Bauer Porsche, for further tuning. Just needed a cheap baseline, other places were charging by the hour.
Tuning? You have engine management.....?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My dyno at 65,000 miles with just a TRD exhaust and k&N filter was 165 hp/122 ft-lbs.

Also a dyno jet...

I ran on the same dyno and same day as B1mmer and he was about 5 hp higher with intake, exhaust and ECU (with crummy maps on the ECU). The ECU only got B1mmer about 1 hp.

Scott

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tikked Again said:
Tuning? You have engine management.....?
Not yet, but it's on order :) A zero map Unichip. I couldn't wait for more people to jump on the group buy, so I went ahead and bit the bullet. I'll be tuning my car towards the end of the month. :)

autxr said:
My dyno at 65,000 miles with just a TRD exhaust and k&N filter was 165 hp/122 ft-lbs.

Also a dyno jet...

I ran on the same dyno and same day as B1mmer and he was about 5 hp higher with intake, exhaust and ECU (with crummy maps on the ECU). The ECU only got B1mmer about 1 hp.

Scott
I guess I should be running a little bit more HP with the CAI? The guy told my girlfriend, that I was running too rich, in the mid range. So I figure with an hour of tuning with the Unichip I'll be able to squeeze a bit more out of the mid range :)

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
larryd said:
FYI.. I added this to the dyno database.
Thanks, Larry! :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
man.... that is amazing. I was at 152 whp with intake and exhaust. I hope I never have to race any other celica's I'm gonna get smoked.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Are you serious? 152whp with i/e? Something definitely aint right in that situation as most Celica's dyno higher then that stock.

·
Registered
772 Posts
:( tell me about it.

I shall remedy the situation by ripping the whole thing apart and taking the restrictor plate off the red dragon... er... wait, no I meant rods pistons sleeves balancing etc, and head work.

not this winter tho, gotta get a turbo setup first.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Noel have you done your reserch on that Unichip? from what i understand, it dosent do a thing for our cars...i suggest you save up for a PFC and i can hook you up with a good map

1 - 20 of 21 Posts