NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so on my way to church I got the CEL and a little bit after that on the freeway my car started to sound funny... So I turned around and headed back home just to be safe since church is very far...

I already reset the ECU and it went away then came back after 5 minutes or so of driving... I checked around the car to see what's wrong but found nothing... So I was wondering what you guys think? It runs fine now but I checked the intake and there was some water in my splash gaurd (Injen CAI). Not sure if that affected it but my filter is dirty, does that cause a CEL? Thanks.

Man this isn't a good week for my car... First my spoiler almost flew off the freeway (all the bolts were off...), one of my fog lights broke off my bumper, theres a huge crack in my bumper from God knows what... Man, I blame all this horrible weather :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
it could be a code of 1472 i think... which means ur running lean..... on ur intake u know how one of the plus are left over and u jus have to zip tie it make sure the blue plug is the one thats not plugged in, if thats not it clean ur filter, and also make sure that small little nipple is still plugging that hose that goes to the intake manifold

·
Registered
868 Posts
If there was water in your splash guard my guess is that your filter got wet and the engine didn't get enough air as a result - happened to me too once when I cleaned the filter and didn't wait long enough to let it dry. BTW don't use a hair dryer on it (it will make the cotton shrink and screw up the filter). Just wait til it dries, disconnect the battery to reset the CEL (~5 min should do it), and should be ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts