NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasted my money but who cares!!!! I getting it installed next week, cant wait!!

:wiggle:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of getting TRD but it is not worth it.
I got it for $1000 from Hills Motorsport @ Castle Hill.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's a pretty good price.

Will be interested to hear your impressions of it. Make sure you let us know what it's like.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey ty801

I was interested in the A'pexi exhaust

Which Hills Motorsport is that? Is that Hills Exhaust & Muffler Centre on Doyle Ave? You got a phone number or something....cause $1k seems a pretty good price if it includes installation.

Also...what are your impressions of the exhaust?

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah I wouldnt' think it'd be too hard...but a bit of a pain without a proper hoist or something wouldn't it be?

Has anyone ever got a quote throu Bruce Sollitt for a TRD exhaust? I've emailed him a few times now, but never heard back from him...I've just heard that he's quite reasonable

·
Registered
527 Posts
I take mine out using two regular car jacks to lift the car up. I've purchased few things from Bruce solitt (not the TRD exhaust), he is quite good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
DC2-R
Nah...the a'pexi would be just the axle-back
I think the only full cat-back for the celica is the Kazuma (not street legal) from what I read on the performance forums. All the rest like TRD, apexi, hks, etc are axle-back

·
Registered
109 Posts
M SPEC
Which american dealer did you get your TRD exhaust from? Could you give me an idea of the cost, shipping cost, etc?

I'm thinking that with the strong Aussie dollar against the USD at the moment, now might be a good time to get direct from the states.....probably work out cheaper than going thru an importer.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Will cost about maybe just under $1500 in total at the current exchange rate, air freighted (less than a week to arrive) to your door including all duties ( 15%) and GST ( 10%). If you decide to ship via sea, 4-6 week wait, but you save maybe like $300 (rough guess)

I ordered in a group buy ages ago, through www.smccalltoyota.com . Send them a email and see how it goes. I always hear good feedback from guys that purchase from www.wctoyotasport.com .

·
Registered
737 Posts
brennyboy said:
yeah I wouldnt' think it'd be too hard...but a bit of a pain without a proper hoist or something wouldn't it be?

Has anyone ever got a quote throu Bruce Sollitt for a TRD exhaust? I've emailed him a few times now, but never heard back from him...I've just heard that he's quite reasonable
i have had difficulties here in NZ with him, let alone trying to deal with him trans tasman.

if you want Trust, Apexi, and Tein gear contact Lee Sutton @ Advanced Imports

www.advan.co.nz
[email protected]

he also has a shop in Silverwater.
137 Silverwater Rd
Silverwater
or on mobile

·
Registered
737 Posts
M SPEC said:
Will cost about maybe just under $1500 in total at the current exchange rate, air freighted (less than a week to arrive) to your door including all duties ( 15%) and GST ( 10%). If you decide to ship via sea, 4-6 week wait, but you save maybe like $300 (rough guess)

I ordered in a group buy ages ago, through www.smccalltoyota.com . Send them a email and see how it goes. I always hear good feedback from guys that purchase from www.wctoyotasport.com .
David Draper, was @ wctoyotasport, but moved on for political reasons, PM him for his contact details at the new dealership he's at. He will look after you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks Celica NZ
I've sent adv imports an email on an Apexi N1...waiting for them to get back to me. Silverwater isn't too far from me...

I've also emailed a few dealers, in the states about a TRD exhaust. I was thinking if I could get one for around $AU1200 or cheaper by going direct, then I'd like TRD.....but dam they're expensive

MSPEC....what sort of duties make up the 15%? I thought I'd only need to worry about GST.

·
Registered
527 Posts
15% Duties, is for any automotive part you bring into the country from oversea's. So initial purchase price + 25% in associated taxes + freight charges.

·
Registered
138 Posts
15% is the general import duty for automotive parts
the rate varies for different categories
10% is the gst you add on to whole cost

from what i've read you take the product value(in AU) get 15% of it and add it to the original value then add on freight costs, then multiply that by 1.1 to give you the total value plus gst

there are also limits to escape the import duty/gst
not too sure what they are tho

1 - 18 of 18 Posts