NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I finally put my 2001 Celica GTS (Manual) with 152,000 miles on a Dyno this morning, here's my mods

- Titanium valve train (Except for valves)
- AEM Cold air intake
- CAT Delete

The guy did 2 pulls in 3rd gear and the 3rd pull in 4th gear. The results disappointed me.
Max power was 148HP with 120TQ. 148HP! Man, I was really hoping for 170, but nothing lower than 160..
I have a really bad exhaust leak, the guy said the exhaust leak was probably affecting performance, but should It really be a 12HP Loss? Man I'm upset, Im posting a YouTube video later!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhK7t7jxqg

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,247 Posts
Looking at old dyno data & considering that the only actual performance mods in play are the intake & exhaust, 150/160HP & 115/120TQ would be about right.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at old dyno data & considering that the only actual performance mods in play are the intake & exhaust, 150/160HP & 115/120TQ would be about right.
Everything I've seen with intake and exhaust would result in about 165HP, anyways I'm getting her re-dynod after I do some piston ring soaks and fix up my exhaust

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
hhmm..what type of dyno? hub or roller dyno? some say hub dyno can read lower. although i do think 148 is a little low. 169-171 whp was mine with I/H/E on a hub dyno.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
5th is 1:1 - you should ask for pulls in 5th.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys....I have a 2000 gts....my Dyno runs came up as 168hp and 123 the at the wheel...I have k&n filtercharger...dc sports header and magnaflow exhaust...and yes and exhaust leak will absolutely kill your house number.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
I made 174 with Injen CAI and TRD exhaust. the dyno sheet is posted on here somewhere. then i got bit by the turbo bug. we know what happened after that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts