1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before:

After:

The set up is:
caliper from Altezza (got it in Hong Kong) with 12inch Brembo rotor, also I go the Corona brake backet to hold the Caliper, and I change the brake pad to Axxis Ultimate.

The feeling of the pedal is kind of softer then stock at first, but when i step on it a little bit more, it start to have a big different then stock. and today when I was going back home, I had to stop from 50mph -0 mph because of the stupid car at front was tunning left with out signal, and when I step on it almost 3/4 down, the car stop right away, so I guess it is worth to spend my time and money to upgrade my brake system~
Also if anyone of you are interested in SSB line, I got a set from sipd, because the shop that install the caliper for me forgot to install it after testing the fitment... pm me for price~

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Very nice. Looks like its 2 piston, correct? How much of a difference do you feel?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got all the parts from Hong Kong, and they sell Corona over there.
and yes those are 2 piston caliper, and I am just waiting the pads to break in then I will see how much the brakeing power is improved.~
BTW, Corona is rated in the middle between Corolla and Camry.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hey I have axxis ultimates also............be prepared to have the dirtiest wheels in the world. I've never seen so much brake dust in my life, but braking power is good though, next time I'm going w/ hawk pads. Also, What year corona are the brackets from and how much did it all cost?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The total cost for parts is
$435 for Caliper, rotor, and brackets
+ the money for the brake pad~
and yes, the pad keep makeing my Bronze rims to be black, but I wash my car once a week, so it will be fine.
for the year of Corona, I will have to ask my friend, and I will get back to you guys ASAP

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
very nice and good info!
But you have installed the discs on their wrong side, the angle of the slots shoud be facing forward and not at the rear like you have them!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
many said:
very nice and good info!
But you have installed the discs on their wrong side, the angle of the slots shoud be facing forward and not at the rear like you have them!
Oh, I thought the slots can be installed in both ways...
What is the adventage and disadventage of having it facing forward, or it is just have to be installed that way?
Because I was thinking about it for a long time before install them, and when I look on some magazine, they have it installed is both way...
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
the purpose of the slots is to resurface the pad and disipate the dust....witht he slots the correct way it does the function much better.

John

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
ya it is a debate which is right...all i know is that all race teams that aren't using carbon rotors or anything install them the way in the TRD picture.

john

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
The slots side does not really make a difference; the important is the inner cooling vents. . As the wheel is turning, the vents help in the cooling (obviously!). Now if you optimize the vents like Stoptech, you get a better efficiency out them. Now the slots are grooved in the opposite for added strength (not to weaken the disc).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts