NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was last week. Finally someone with an RSX-S was at the local hangout. I asked him if he'd like to run for fun. He said sure. I asked him for a 40mph roll because my syncros in 2nd gear are shot and I can hardly get it to stay in gear.

His Mods: Intake, Exhaust, Header (2002 RSX-S)
My Mods: TPR Intake, Power FC

I finally managed to get it in 2nd gear and we went from a 40mph roll. By about 100mph I had 2-3 carlengths on him. Seemed like his shifted was very good. When we got back he wouldn't get out of his car to talk or anything. He picked up his girlfriend and left immediately. Looked like he was upset. Poor guy.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
nice kill.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i would think off the line to about 40-50mph it would take a 1 car lead... but then again, which type of alltrac are you talking about. ST165 or ST185?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
oONoGoAutoOo said:
nice run. he needs hondata

He needs a toyota... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Bingo!!! +2

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
good kill. :burnout:

·
Registered
936 Posts
^^ You're an idiot. Your car is as slow as the Type-S maybe even SLOWER so don't try give yourself an ego boost here. :gay:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Carbonized_GT said:
i would think off the line to about 40-50mph it would take a 1 car lead... but then again, which type of alltrac are you talking about. ST165 or ST185?
I believe he was talking about my alltrac which would be an st185

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
ok then id say stock vs stock the alltrac would win

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Carbonized_GT said:
ok then id say stock vs stock the alltrac would win
Nah, stock alltrac runs low 15's. RSX-S would win. Unless the driver just really sucked.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
judging from car and driver the rsxs run 15.5 so it would be close, but from a stop the trac should have an advantage if launched correctly

·
Registered
680 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
judging from car and driver the rsxs run 15.5 so it would be close, but from a stop the trac should have an advantage if launched correctly
And thats why we dont go with C&D times, because their drivers suck. The average RSX Type-S should run about .1-.2 faster than the average Celica GTS.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
now when vip09 said the alltrac would ran a low 15 i automatically figured there would be a margin of error in that time(the rsx time) THUS saying IT WOULD BE CLOSE. We cant base ALL of our figures around TWO DIFFERENT drivers, in TWO DIFFERENT CARS. If you want to try and say which car is faster, then the same driver must drive each car, but even then there are other conditions, the driver preferring one car over the other, one car is easier to launch, the other cars seat didnt feel good ETC ETC ETC.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
now when vip09 said the alltrac would ran a low 15 i automatically figured there would be a margin of error in that time(the rsx time) THUS saying IT WOULD BE CLOSE. We cant base ALL of our figures around TWO DIFFERENT drivers, in TWO DIFFERENT CARS. If you want to try and say which car is faster, then the same driver must drive each car, but even then there are other conditions, the driver preferring one car over the other, one car is easier to launch, the other cars seat didnt feel good ETC ETC ETC.
I know exactly what your saying, I'm just saying from what I've seen and from what I've heard, the RSX S performs about .1-.2 seconds faster than the Celica GTS. I honestly believe though, with the same driver the 2 will be real close to the same. But the mods on an RSX S help it out alittle more than mods on a GTS. This is not always the truth, but just my logic.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts