NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 weeks toysport finally received the custom pistons from wiseco. they are coated.also

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nice!

Maybe I missed something before, but what is custom about them?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that they are more light weight. But then again might be BS. oh yeah there are marker writings on the bottom of each piston. 3 pistons say 283.1 and one says 283.2. Is this normal? Oh yeah, they said they had them coated.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
m.aurelius said:
I was told that they are more light weight. But then again might be BS. oh yeah there are marker writings on the bottom of each piston. 3 pistons say 283.1 and one says 283.2. Is this normal? Oh yeah, they said they had them coated.
Those are the weights of the pistons in grams so one is 1 tenth of a gram heavier - not a big deal.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Look exactly like mine. I wonder if they are really coated and the shiny color would stay the same?!

Boosted? ;)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Asha'man said:
Look exactly like mine. I wonder if they are really coated and the shiny color would stay the same?!

Boosted? ;)
Look at the lower part of the skirt - its definitely got a different finish on it than the rest of the piston.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am looking at my pistons right now and they are identical to the pic of yours. There is also a white sticker on the box that says coated.. So I hope you didn't pay extra for special pistons when you got original ones.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably paid extra. The guy at toysport was bashing the celica so much. You cant turbo the car, cant sleeve it, the turbo your getting from Europe is going to suck etc... etc... then he mentions that toysport is making a turbo for the elise, and he starts trying to sell me the turbo for 3400 without intercooler just the turbo and manifold. I was like what!!!!!!?????? I thought that place was the holy grail for toyotas but its just overpriced and their customer service sucks. they did not even explain to me why the engine sucks he just wanted me to take his word for it. Is the coating I got the same coating that MWR is selling for $80.?

·
Registered
638 Posts
he was trying to convince you the toyota engine sucks, then he starts to run up about the turbo for th elise. . its the same damn engine. . .

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Those guys are tools and don't know what they are doing. You are WAY better off if you never let them anywhere near your car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The thing about toysport is...and i really don't want to hurt them, that they have good sources, and no research.

Installing a turbo whitout intercooler is like ****ting in your pants, you get the job done both ways, but the result is....not so satisfactory :nono: :no: :lame: :bs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts