NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after getting my last paycheck, and using the Jedi Mind trick on my mother convincing her that buying a turbo is just the right thing to do. IM so ready to buy a kit from C2.

The only thing im questioning now is the R2D2 blow off valve? anyone got soundclips?

oh C2, i can pay for a kit in full tommorrow just pm me, how you want it. Or whenever its convienient for you:)

·
Banned
751 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. C2 seems like one of the best right now. Hope u enjoy your car and dont forget to take care of it!! Adding a turbo changes your maintenance responsibilites for the vehicle quite a bit.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha moms not buying the turbo, i just convinced her that i should get one cause i didn't want to hear the bitching

and i haven't purchased it yet, but the money is waiting for c2 to get back to me.
last pay check in the army, + tax return = c2 turbo.

hahaha ya man i will try and mail you your header tommorrow.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by Smaay
must be nice to get mommy to pay for stuff like turbos...
dont be negative dude, i wish my mom did, and if she offered i wouldnt refuse.. which she would never.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
god damnit im a non commissioned officer in the ****ing army, mommies not buying anything. lol

Since she has power over my checking account she would notice me spending 4 grand on a turbo kit and i didn't want to hear the bitching.

·
Registered
949 Posts
i COMPLETELY understand. I have gone through HOOPS not letting my parents know about this and im almost 24. They **** bricks when i spend money on my car and dont save for a house. I think it might be because im on my 3rd car and my 3rd engine on this one.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Man just open another checking account and slowly siphen funds to that account. Hell I did all this crap to my car and my family did not know I did turbo, all they think I did is the exterior mods. If you want to be impressed I bought a MR2 for $6500 and nobody in my family even suspect that I own it :gap: You all need to be trickier man, you need to sign up for cool2miketlu seminar :gap:

·
Registered
709 Posts
The R2D2 makes a very loud WOOSH, no whistle, just a loud WOOSH. I love it, even at 6 psi it's loud :)

·
Banned
751 Posts
I really dont understand this "hiding it fm the family" thing. You EARNED this money. YOU spent how many years in the Army?? Personally if my family gave me grief over my purchase decisions..unless it was something utterly stupid...i would tell them to stuff it. Its MY money but then again...thats just me. Im 30. Mom hasnt tried to control or influence my life in 13 yrs. She has provided ADVICE but didnt attempt to control me. Not since i left home and started my OWN life. Her roof = her rules. MY roof = MY rules...

Anyway.../rant off....Again Congrats on your purchase!! Enjoy it to the fullest!!

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i live in dorm room :)

Ya i think i will get the R2D2, whats 200 more bucks when your blowing this much.
What blow off valve comes stock with the c2. kit. Someone has to have soundsclips.

·
Registered
911 Posts
its only 80 bucks sleeper ;) PS I'm in the same situation as you with the family not knowing I am going to turbo- I'm 18 and a freshmen in college, I jufst one day moved all my money to an account only I have control over and they didnt ask twice what it was for my only concern is going to be explaining the loud woosh ha ha (plus sometimes my mom drives my car, if she notices the power increase, I'd be in for some explaining) Oh well, regardless-good luck.

By the way, this is the stuff my mom lectures me about being honest with her about...

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaha regardless i feel better not having to hide it from the rents, even though i know they won't say anything cause i have been gone 5 years and im a Freshman in college too.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Its not that i really care that my parents know about my kit. Its just then when the car breaks down, an dyou know it might, or when your having car trouble, you dont wanna hear, i told you so. My parents are crazy and love to say i told you so, they beat a dead horse. So rather than upset them, i just dont tell them anything that might upset them. I'm like the Jon Lovitz character on Saturday night live, yeah mom, im a lawyer. (j/k)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
My parents could give a **** what I spend my money on. I didn't have to convince them to let me buy a turbo kit. It is MY money and MY car. It is nice to have their support though. It is sort of funny that the 20+ yr old people are still worried about what theri parents say! lol I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. Good luck with the turbo kit!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sleeper, check out c2power.com...keep in mind they are redoing pricing because they are now using the garret gt28r as the turbo in our kits now and no longer the bogwarner k04, I would imagine it to be somewhere in the $3600 range, with upgrade prices as follows:

Larger intercooler = $200
SARD [email protected] BOV= $80
Intake= $150
or as solo pieces: Adapter $59(?) and Filter $110

Remember, you can skip the E-manage and save $350...towards a PFC...anyways, yeah...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.