NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel...not a bad day. Weather kinda sucked (cold and windy, track couldn't warm up so everyone was running on cold tires). But we had more than 50 show but could only take 50 (small club). Anywho. My first run the back end lost grip, swung out too far and i got put on a line straight towards a cone. oops. other runs went pretty well...only DNF'ed on one run (missed the gate...oops).
I wasn't completely satisfied with my times but thats ok. there was one other 7th getn Celi out there and he was tearing up some seiour $h*t. Kicked my butt.

Just thought i would share.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That Boss was tearing the course a new one! He ha to stop early though cuz his rear differential houseing cracked and was leaking fluid all over the place. I didn't notice that the other Celica beat the Z06?!?! I will check results on that. But yeah...i talked to him after the race and he was not happy with his performance. he usually does much better than that.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The results are up. Not the celica did not beat the Z06. That would be amazing if he did...however. The other Celica ran a final time (w/ handicap) of 52.83 and the Z06 ran a 52.65. Pretty dang close though!!! But the Z06's best run of the day was 52.11 and the Celica's was 53.27.
Before the Mustang Boss dropped out he was running in the 48-49 range!
I was much slower that day than the other celica running a final time of 55.77 (w/ handicap). I need to work on that. :-/

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since we aren't SCCA affiliated, we have different scoring. Points are really only pretinant for members of JSCC. The first place person in each class gets 100 points, 2nd place gets 75, 3rd - 50, 4th - 25, and all placements after 4 get 10. The person on the bubble (fastest in the class with 0.00 handicap) gets a bonus 30 points due to the rarity of them getting first place it only seemed fair. The handicaps are another whole different story...if you wanna know i can tell you...but it is late.
Overall i like the scoring for this a lot becuase you get classed by how well you drive instead of what kind of car you have.

So to answer your other question, if you don't do a final run...you don't finish. You may have the fastest time in the group but if you don't drive the last run you dont' get counted.

Its a fun day. Once you see how the scoring plays out it makes sense. I recommend more people come out! :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they are large cones and no the garbage cans are not course markers. HA!. One guy acouple years ago did almost slam into a garbage can and i happened to be standing right next to it!!
As for the cap of 50, we usually don't have that many people. we usually get about 30-40 cars but becuase it was opening day a lot of the memebrs that only come out a couple times a year were there. But if you get there early you should have no problem getting a spot if you are interested.
BTW, when is the next Chicago Region event? now that i am out of school i want to get out a lot more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts