NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was leaving the gas station and i just happened to notice a silver evo across the intersection at the light. very clean looking car and its not everyday i get to see one. so i follow him onto the highway. He tries pulling away but i'm right on his ass. Then we line up next to eachother i'm doing about 80mph in 4th gear right next to him and we both punch it at the same time. we from like 80-120 and its pretty much dead even... he pulled maybe 1-2ft. I thought they were alot faster than that???? i mean i have a 240hp about 3200 lb M3 and he's got like 280hp and weighs less doesn't he. did the race turn out like it should have or was he not really trying?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
the gearing on evo' s up top isnt too great.

Also evo's are rumoured to have differences in power from evo to evo..

Crappy engineering.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
the gearing on evo' s up top isnt too great.

Also evo's are rumoured to have differences in power from evo to evo..

Crappy engineering.
Yeah thats Mitsubishi for you - even when they design something decent they don't necessarily build it well or consistently.

Plus ya have to remember that hes taking a 25% loss through his drivetrain whereas rwd is pretty much ideal for the highway and only costs maybe 12-15% max.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
evo's taste like chicken

·
Registered
182 Posts
TRDGTS026spd said:
evo's taste like chicken
Thats what they (even NASIOC) said about STi's at the WRX/Evo shootout
lol!

M3's are fast cars and AWD kills us on the top end
Good run :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I was about to raise the :bs: until you said you had an M3 :D M3s are tight little cars and if I remember right the Evos are about 3200 or so as well. You add in Drivetrain losses and you both are sitting about the same WHP give or take a couple of horsies. It proly didn't have too much done to it tho. With a chip, intake and exhaust they are putting out close to a little over 300 whp.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
migs said:
lol!

migs lets not get into it, we know the evo has better aftermarket we've discussed why, i dont judge its ability to kick ass becausei know it can.. im just disgusted at mitsubishi's quality.. how they put out different numbers wtf is that?.. you can take apart the interior without tools... but anyway..... the point is your evo is not modded and my STi says YOURS tastes like chicken

·
Registered
816 Posts
Originally posted by petsnowman
I pull on a evo stock for stock in 3rd gear in my SRT. :D
thats what i like to hear............. Now get the AGP WGA.... and feel the powa

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by moltenice
thats what i like to hear............. Now get the AGP WGA.... and feel the powa
:werd:

Originally posted by migs
lol!

My friends went and record. EVO'S owned.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
A stock evo isnt very intimidating except from a stop. The STI IMO is better from a roll.

at least thats been my experience.

what yr is your M3? I'll have to remember not to worry about them now :chuckles:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
A stock evo isnt very intimidating except from a stop. The STI IMO is better from a roll.

at least thats been my experience.

what yr is your M3? I'll have to remember not to worry about them now :chuckles:
240 HP.

not an 01+

reading > Mike

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
migs lets not get into it, we know the evo has better aftermarket we've discussed why, i dont judge its ability to kick ass becausei know it can.. im just disgusted at mitsubishi's quality.. how they put out different numbers wtf is that?.. you can take apart the interior without tools... but anyway..... the point is your evo is not modded and my STi says YOURS tastes like chicken
? same with toyota, 10 -15 whp differance in 2zz's !

by the way, 350z's taste like rice-a-roni.... and even with dark skin you still look like chicken meat:chuckles:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Plus ya have to remember that hes taking a 25% loss through his drivetrain whereas rwd is pretty much ideal for the highway and only costs maybe 12-15% max.
Very true.

Good job anyways! It would have been different from a deadstop tho.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid

by the way, 350z's taste like rice-a-roni.... and even with dark skin you still look like chicken meat:chuckles:
again jealous of my natural permanent tan.. listen here little celica man.. keep laughin and walking with your nasty veiny pale skin that resembles raw chicken... all palid corpse like.. GOD! EWwww.. hahahaha

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Liqquid

150-160 in a GTS is diff than 200-240whp on a EVO.

Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
dunno much about the m3's which is why I asked which yr ;) so go to hell :gap:
:sadpace:

01+ is 333 HP and runs a 13.0 (e46)

00 and older 240 hp (lighter) and run low 14's high 13's.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
150-160 in a GTS is diff than 200-240whp on a EVO.

:sadpace:

01+ is 333 HP and runs a 13.0 (e46)

00 and older 240 hp (lighter) and run low 14's high 13's.
hmm... 40 horse differance? boy that would suck

Originally posted by TRDGTS026spd
again jealous of my natural permed hair.. listen here little celica man.. keep laughin and walking my 350z I have nasty veiny pale skin that resembled raw chicken until I was cooked... all smoked corpse like.. GOD! EWwww.. hahahaha
:eek:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts