NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just recently i purchased a 2004 SRT-4. And well i got to have some fun with it tonight.

Its stock except for the rice in me got a Mopar BOV cause i needed to hear the pssshh. Its my first ever turbo car and i figure if i cant hear it when i shift then its no fun. ;)

Now to make a short story even shorter..

First race was against a Mustang GT newer model with atleast exhaust. I ran this guy two times. The first time was from about a 30 mph roll. We both hit it at the same time. I shift faster for my 3-4 and pull a fender on him. Stays that way until we shut it off around 80ish.

2nd time was from a 1st gear roll. Im not quite used to the shifter in this car yet so i messed up the 1-2 shift and bobbled it a little going into gear. He ended up getting a fender ahead because of it and it stayed exactly like that until the end of 3rd when we shut down.

2nd Race was against a newer z-28. Had exhaust also for sure but not sure of what else. I ran this guy twice also. 1st time his friend was driving and it was from a 2nd gear roll. He pulled eve so slowly each time until it was time to shift where i would gain a fender and he would slowly pull it back again. We shut it off around 4th gear sometime. 2nd race he got in the drivers seat at the red light. Wasnt sure if he still wanted to go so i keep it in 1st and he didint seem like he was going to go so i shift into 2nd slowly and he guns it. So then i floor it and im already at his back tire. It stays that way until we shut it down around 90. With him pulling slowly then me pulling slowly then him pulling slowly again.

I really like this car. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg to get my own insurance. Try $570 a month. Only a $270 car payment though. Im going to try and get to the track this Friday to see if i can get some times.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Nice kills. Newer Z28 as in 99 Plus with the LS1?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Nice kills. Newer Z28 as in 99 Plus with the LS1?
Maybe a 97-98 i would guess. What do the 99's run stock. Cause i mean he was slowly pulling until he shifted then i would pull but he would pull it right back.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
99's run 13.0's

98's run mid high 13's I believe.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
never made it to 13's I see lol thats too bad. you could've had one of the faster gt-s on here :gap:
he already had one of them

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
never made it to 13's I see lol thats too bad. you could've had one of the faster gt-s on here :gap:
Got tired of a constantly leaking and failing power steering pump, bad vibration around 70 mph, body damage because i was an idiot and didnt take good enough care of the car, and putting money into a car that still was going to barely as fast as the car i was buying's stock time.

Originally posted by party2go
he already had one of them
:)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
you pay $570 a month? thats $6840 a year?!?! You could buy another SRT-4 nearly every 3 years with that insurance money, WTF? Are you SERIOUS?! My Supra was $3200 when I was 18 per year, then got hiked to 4200 after some tickets, then I stopped driving the car before I got raped by the insurance company, it's back down under 4grand again, so I'll be getting it soon, but WTF?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by XFactor95SupraT
you pay $570 a month? thats $6840 a year?!?! You could buy another SRT-4 nearly every 3 years with that insurance money, WTF? Are you SERIOUS?! My Supra was $3200 when I was 18 per year, then got hiked to 4200 after some tickets, then I stopped driving the car before I got raped by the insurance company, it's back down under 4grand again, so I'll be getting it soon, but WTF?
:werd:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the Dark side...

if you have any questions on the car just let me know... i've got a pretty good knowledge of the aftermarket for these cars....

oh and have you checked out SRTForums.com?
you can get good deals on stuff in the BUY/SELL forum... people are upgrading to Stage 2 and selling their Stage 1 PCM's all the time.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah thats what i was saying. Its so ****ed up. Insurance companies are such damn scam artists. This was the lowest quote out of about 8 i got. With the highest being 11k a year.

Originally posted by moltenice
if you have any questions on the car just let me know... i've got a pretty good knowledge of the aftermarket for these cars....

oh and have you checked out SRTForums.com?
you can get good deals on stuff in the BUY/SELL forum... people are upgrading to Stage 2 and selling their Stage 1 PCM's all the time.
Alright man. I may be asking you some questions in the near future.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
:chuckles: I love hearing this guy say stuff

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
petsnowman said:
Yeah thats what i was saying. Its so ****ed up. Insurance companies are such damn scam artists. This was the lowest quote out of about 8 i got. With the highest being 11k a year.
****ed up is your insurance being exepensive as hell, having someone else pay for it and upgrading cars so that someone else now has to pay $7K year..

..and then street racing with it.. wanna take a guess at what your insurance will be like if you ever get caught?

Jesus man.. I know youre smart enough to take it to the strip.. just keep it there

john

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Butt Dyno
****ed up is your insurance being exepensive as hell, having someone else pay for it and upgrading cars so that someone else now has to pay $7K year..

..and then street racing with it.. wanna take a guess at what your insurance will be like if you ever get caught?

Jesus man.. I know youre smart enough to take it to the strip.. just keep it there

john
depends on your insurance carrier. My insurance rates have dropped succesively each term. started at 400. Now at 200 a month. Ive had quite a few tix in that period.

I have progressive.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by BlackHatch
98 was the first run of the LS1 engine in he F-bodies. Solid mid 13 second car at around 106 with an average driver.
key word: Average. They are beasts. Best I've seen is a 13.00x

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
in other words.. 98+ SS's with manny driving would run mid 14's

1 - 20 of 26 Posts