NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the local track had a sport compact night last night and our club decided to go out and have a little fun. they started off the night with the normal test n tune for about an hour or so for the sport compacts and then they started bracket racing. i thought what the hell it will be fun even though i had never done this before. there were 3 rounds of eliminations and then finals. they were giving trophies for 1st place, runner up, and best reaction time. to my supprize i got first place and managed to pull off best reaction time in the finals with .523. i also managed to run my personal best of 10.126 @ 70.43, this is 1.2 sec faster than my previous best. only mod that i have is a cold air intake. some of the cars that were running were SRT-4, and many civics with engine swaps.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
i went to my local 1/8 mile track last night for the first time...

only mods i have is an injen cai, aem pulley, killerm torque brace, and a custom exhaust(which is leaking...kazuma on the way)

i ran a 9.81 at 72.8 MPH......i havent mastered the tree yet but when i do i can get better...my 60 ft best time was 2.33 which if i get that down to 2.0 ill be doin around 9.5 alotta guys told me....my best reaction time was a .444 which i was very suprised...

my tires had a lil bit to much pressure in them and they are on my stock wheels which they are kinda worn too...but oh well i was over all happy with my first time at the track

-Dustin

btw: i have a 2000 gt-s 6 spd

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im goin back tonight cause they are having another event and this time i have the killerm brace and gutted the back half of the car and im going to take out the passenger seat when i get to the track. im hoping my TWM SS will get here this afternoon so i can put it in before we go. im also debating whether or not to take the wing off too.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
TRD2000GTS said:
i went to my local 1/8 mile track last night for the first time...

only mods i have is an injen cai, aem pulley, killerm torque brace, and a custom exhaust(which is leaking...kazuma on the way)

i ran a 9.81 at 72.8 MPH......i havent mastered the tree yet but when i do i can get better...my 60 ft best time was 2.33 which if i get that down to 2.0 ill be doin around 9.5 alotta guys told me....my best reaction time was a .444 which i was very suprised...

my tires had a lil bit to much pressure in them and they are on my stock wheels which they are kinda worn too...but oh well i was over all happy with my first time at the track

-Dustin

btw: i have a 2000 gt-s 6 spd
Your 60 foot isnt bad, but you could be in the 2.1 2.2 area (even with a stcok Celica) what was your whole time slip? I know I was getting 9.6 and lower 1000's when I was running my celica. I think if you try to shift faster you might be able to shed off some time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.