NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this helps someone else too:
For the past 6 months my GTS has been bogging just after 5K RPM, and then running OK when it hit lift. The only mods I have are the TRD exhaust and the TRD filter in the stock airbox. I cleaned the MAF sensor and the problem is fixed. Both the "wires" were covered with a black, oily looking grit that came off easily with alcohol and a Q-tip. The temperature sensor also was covered on the inlet side. The filter has about 15K miles on it and has not been cleaned yet. This is the second time in 28K miles I've cleaned the MAF sensor, the first time was just preventative maintenance. I'm going to clean it about once a year now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These two pictures show the temp sensor. The "wires" can be seen by looking into the base of the unit with the main shaft pointing at you. You will need a flashlight to see them as they are inside the body of the sensor housing. They look like two small metallic resistors. These are the actual MAF part and are what really need to be cleaned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.