NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so there has been this dent in my rear passenger quarter panel.. and i can reach it from the little piece that comes out in the trunk. Do you guys think if i hit it with one of those soft hammers.. that the dent out come out? its about 3 inches wide.. and is dead center where the quarter panel bends. I hate how big it is.. its really noticable so i want to fix it atleast better then what it is. I was also thinking about sanding down the paint chip thats there and already pretty rusted and primering it, put one coat or something of black paint on it and clear coat.. i plan to get the car painted later on (like 6 months to a year) but this will just be a quick fix for now. So do you guys think its possible and that i should do it??

·
Registered
236 Posts
when u bang out a dent like that it will come out but will leave marks from the way it was dented but will look better than it is now. If u plan to paint the car i dont see why not.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Probably depends on how bad the dent is. Someone backed into my front right fender and I tried popping it out myself. It looked better but I couldn't get it perfect, and I cracked the paint slightly in one small spot. I got rear ended a few weeks ago though so I'm just having them fix that fender while they're doing everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts