NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going WOT when i get to the 4 to 5000rpm range the engine seems to lose power, but after 5500 it goes away and everything feels normal again trough lift. Oil levels are still good. Im thinking spark plugs. I know they're suppose to last a long time but i took them out for inspection when i did my clutch/flywheel install and they looked pretty ragged. Also I drive at higher speeds than most on this board (85-100+mph) on avrage wherever I go. So would this degrade the plugs faster than if i was driving the expected speed limit in the states?

thanks for any help
Foster

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its not bad gas.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
yeah unfortunately i have a bog around that range too, or maybe like 5000 to 6000, just doesn't feel like a smooth increase in power.....i'm just about at 60K miles, and planning on doing my own 60K service soon, hopefully that will clear it up.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
i had all sorts of dead spots... trial header fixed it though :)

that's probably not your problem though... what mods do you have?

you check your filter/intake pipe/maf ?

copper plugs will give you better spark, but won't last as long

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Shoot I got a bad bog spot on my GT like from 3500 -4000 or right at about 4000 rpm it just bogs like a mother and then it takes forever to start going but then once it hits 4300-4500 all is cool and hang on!! I don't get it, I know its not bad gas but its like something is blowing out the spark at that rpm range or something, I am thinking it has something to do with the ignition system or plugs!!!

J

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
do you have an intake? if you do, some celica has notice a bog with the injen CAI intake around that RPM however I don't get it. I have about 70k on my car right now and its still running strong, i'm still on my stock clutch which is surprising with the abuse I put it though. I heard people changing out their clutch at like 30k, :O but yeah, i don't htink driving fast is causing it cause every weekend when I go to san jose, I hit 140 a few times and i'm always at 90-100 mph crusing speed. Just have to take care of your car, do regular oils, check for leaks, etc...

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im going to check the MAF thats probably the problem. What is the life range on copper spark plugs.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
im having the same prob!!!! and i just installed my Injen CAI too. but i was thinking it was my shaft stay bolts. so i was gonna check them real soon because i think i mighta broke one and over-revved my engine after i installed the Injen. im hopin not tho :(

my car doesnt like to "kick it" in lift, has dead spots all thru the RPM range, and is really making me sad. i miss lift :'( :( so im guessing its the intake/exhaust bolts broken :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts