NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have them on your exhaust; have you had any issues with flex pipes leaking or breaking? I've got a couple flanges (header / pre-cat) that aren't jiving and I was thinking about getting one to weld in place of the flange

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
mine hasnt leaked, shrunk, or break. just makes a little rattling under the car but no big deal

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just make sure you buy one that you are sure will not shrink. I know some people on this forum have had that happen. Perhaps they will be able to point you to a brand that is appropriate for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input. hopefully someone can chime in with a brand that won't shrink since I really don't know who to ask about that. otherwise I'll just take a stab at a random brand that seems reasonably priced.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
mine hasnt leaked, shrunk, or break. just makes a little rattling under the car

i dont know much about eh flex pipe, what is the point of it? pro/con?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
on a stock exhaust system with our cars; the flange from the header to the pipe section containing the cat has a gasket, bolt, and spring set up that allows the joint to flex without leaking. This is to allow the engine to rock back and forth without stressing the exhaust pipes. Sometimes aftermarket exhaust headers (depending on design) ether don't have a flange or the flange is angled in an odd way that doesn't quite match up. In these cases a flex pipe can be used in place of the flange coupling to properly connect the exhaust and still allow for engine movement.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
^^^^ Thanks Dude!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.