NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the little problems i have with the timing (http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=361105) i have a issue with floating voltage in the logs from the Power FC

I mean the measered value of the wideband in the log is sometime / mostly different than the Wideband gauge shows, if the AFR on the gauge is 14.7 the Power FC displays (on the computer) values between 13.9 and 15.7. 2 second it displays the right value (14.7) 1 second 13.9 other second 15.7, then 14.7 enz
The reason is the voltage fluctuations at An1 An2 An3 an4.
Delta AN1-AN2 does not solve the problem .,.. is getting a little worse actually.
Yes i grounded (straight to the battery or engine (no differance) ) the datalogic on AN2, still at An2 i measure 0 0,059 or 0,113. Volt (and thats very strange).
An2 is the ground of the wideband to.
At AN3 i connected the boost sensor… here is (offcourse) the same behaviour.
My gues is i have to ground the Power FC directly to the battery…
Does anyone know with wire from the Power FC the ground wire is?
Has anyone a solution?

Thanks
Andres

·
Registered
296 Posts
Besides the little problems i have with the timing (http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=361105) i have a issue with floating voltage in the logs from the Power FC

I mean the measered value of the wideband in the log is sometime / mostly different than the Wideband gauge shows, if the AFR on the gauge is 14.7 the Power FC displays (on the computer) values between 13.9 and 15.7. 2 second it displays the right value (14.7) 1 second 13.9 other second 15.7, then 14.7 enz
The reason is the voltage fluctuations at An1 An2 An3 an4.
Delta AN1-AN2 does not solve the problem .,.. is getting a little worse actually.
Yes i grounded (straight to the battery or engine (no differance) ) the datalogic on AN2, still at An2 i measure 0 0,059 or 0,113. Volt (and thats very strange).
An2 is the ground of the wideband to.
At AN3 i connected the boost sensor… here is (offcourse) the same behaviour.
My gues is i have to ground the Power FC directly to the battery…
Does anyone know with wire from the Power FC the ground wire is?
Has anyone a solution?

Thanks
Andres

Hellos Andres

regarding the timing,

Have you checked the batv vs timing settings?

that can be one of your problems right there

Sheers

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
That is generally a grounding issue.

Make sure your engine has all the grounds hooked up and that they are good grounds (not on painted surface). Also make sure your ground for your guage/sensor has a similarly good ground.

Additionally you may need to ground the datalogit box to a good ground as well.

Finally set your hold off (msec) in your map watch window to at least 20

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I always heard best practice was to make sure your WBO2 had a good ground and use that ground for the Datalogit, as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did that. The datalogic and de WBO2 has the same ground. The WBO2 values are right. The floating ground is generated in the Power FC.

Thats way i need to know what the ground wire of the Power FC is

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I don't know which it is. But IIRC, if you take the cover off the Datalogit it's marked? Anyway, with a ground problem I'd trace the whole wire run or maybe outright replace it. But do check the connection at the Datalogit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts