NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday there was a flood in Richmond, VA. Unfortunatly my car got flooded and heavily damaged. The water was up to the steering wheel and i was soaking wet. i tried getting out the flood and drove for good 10 min with the water up to the steering wheel. Then i gave up cuz the flood was for miles (exagerrating), juss cuz there was so much traffic. there were probably about 50 cars in the flood juss going crazy. Then i juss hurryed up and pulled into a random driveway where there was no flood. Today i took a look at my car and boy was there a lot of water in the vehicle. i started to drain all the water and vaccuumed the floors and seats. Its still wet but hopefully it will soon dry. And man does my car stink. Smells like sewage!!! After i took out the water of the car i started driving it to see if the vehicle is ok. Man when i was hitting the accelerater the rpms when up to 3 rpms and the car wasnt moving, then it slowly grabbed it, and then started to finally move. THe car is very hurky jurky and when i drove it on the highway it wouldnt pass 5 rpms. I was probably going about 60 mph and then when i hit the gas and i see the rps slowly go up and then it will just stop at 5 rpm. I couldnt seem to go over 5rpms and it would juss stay there. ALso when i start going from a stop i would hit the gas and the rpms would go up to 3rpms and the quickly go to 5 rpms and in that period of time the car is juss staying in the mph it was in at 3 rpms. I called the progressive (my insurance company) and told them i was in a flood damage. they asked me if i was driving in the vehicle and told them i wasnt just because i think they will srew me over juss cuz i was driving the vehicle. so i told them it was parked and i moved the vehicle to a driveway where there was no flood cuz i didnt want my car just to sit there. They asked me if the car is driveable. i told them yes, and i didnt tell them the situation the car is going through with the rpms. etc... because i didnt drive it then. and then they told me that the adjuster is going to call me in 2 days becauise there is so many vehicles that are damaged. So i asked them wat am i suppose to do juss wait and stay at home. they apoligezed and said they cant do anything at this moment. I have an exhaust, and injen intake, lowered springs and shocks, and a body kit. Its an automatic with 75000 miles. Wat could be wrong with my car? And wat will the insurance comany do? Will my premium go up!!!? NEed help asap. Man this sux. Right now im juss stressed out and the whold day i have been cleaning the car. Please help me out guys. Thanx!!!

-jun

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea juss to let u guys know. My sideskirts are cracked because of the flood, and the headlights and fog lights are filled with water!!! Wat will insurance do for that?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Why on earth did you drive into a flood? I don't mean to sound like a ****, but damn man...use your head. How dumb can you be?

There's most likely water in your engine, which is obviously not good. Your entire interior will probably need replaced too.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
imo, they might total it since the engine is hosed. You should have "stopped" as soon as the water got to high. Just going to have to wait for the adjusters word.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm surpised the engine isn't hyrdolocked? You should of stopped driving.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ugly Pete said:
haha. its deffinately totaled.
What an ass. I dont find this funny at all.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that your car got flooded. I would be pissed. Your car has comprehensive damage covered right? Like people have been saying, you probally shouldnt have driven it but whats done is done. Good luck man.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
I know, someone just totaled there celica and all you can say is "ha ha" If you can't help or offer advise, what's the point?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
You drove the car when the water was up to the steering wheel and then you tried to drive the car hard when obviously it had water in it?

:wtf:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
sorry to here about that. i was parked at farmer's market a day before the flood. i've seen crazy pictures and heard stories of that flood

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Originally posted by Tuppuguy

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear that your car got flooded. I would be pissed. Your car has comprehensive damage covered right? Like people have been saying, you probally shouldnt have driven it but whats done is done. Good luck man.
i find it hillarious. the first thing i would do if i saw water even near the side skirts is shut the car down and pull over. its stupid to even try to drive when the water up to the door. you could be swept away. just plain stupidity.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
i can assure you that carmax will not sell cars like yours .. flood damage is just one of the things that carmax tries to stay away from .. blah blah blah .. and i was scared to drive my celica through 6 inches of water in miami because i thought it might hydrolock .. next morning the car was doing what yours is doing and that's not going about 4600 rpms and just sputtering and then a few hours later it was just fine .. ps i got rid of the celica and got one of them what you call it SUV or something!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think it was a flash flood they had there. I don't think the guy went up to the water and said, hey I think I'll drive through this for ****s and giggles. People DO get stuck in that kind of **** you know. He probably should have shut it down, but in all honesty, what are you gonna do when you got 2-3 feet of water around your car already?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts