NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new wheels that are 18x8 +35 with 215/40/18 tires. As you can see below, the front wheels are almost flush and the back wheels are sunk in a little bit yet.

Front:

Back:

I have read all 100+ pages on the wheel/tire fitment thread and think I have a pretty good idea of everything I need to do but would like assurance before I go ahead and do it.

I believe that +30 in the front is perfect flush so I think I will throw a 5 mm spacer on there yet.

The rear I believe +20 is perfect flush? If so I would need a 15 mm spacer. With one this big I would need a bolt on spacer I believe. Would a 15 mm bolt on spacer fit? I think that my lug studs come out farther than that, so would that make it impossible to fit my wheel against the spacer? How would I resolve this?

Also, would I be able to run this setup without rolling my fenders? As you can see below I do not have my car lowered very much. I have coilovers so I could drop another 2 inches but I think I like where it is at for the time being.

Would my fenders hit the tires/get messed up if I hit a pothole or something with the +30 front +20 rear without a rolled fender? Or would I be fine since I sit a little higher? Thank you for all the input.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Depends on how big the pothole is. U probably will scrub every now and then.. I usually slow down for big bumps / potholes and its all good.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
17x9 35 no fenders rolled. on 255/40

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you're worried about the length of your studs you should get some extended studs from Arp.

As for the rubbing question? My thoughts are this: It seems like you've already done some serious body work to the car; replacing bumpers, new wheels, new suspension. So I say just roll your fenders and then just get the wheel size you really want. You're just limiting yourself by not rolling the fenders.

You can go to lengths to find the most aggressive wheels that fit under stock fenders but in my opinion if you're even asking that question you should be rolling them. Chances are you'll want to do it in the future anyways.. most people do.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Your original post is correct regarding the spacers and being flush.

you will have to roll the fenders if you plan on lowering it any further. :)

have fun

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a 10mm front spacer, which APR extended lugs should i get? I want to make sure they fit before buying. Also, they wouldn't extend too long that a 10mm spacer wouldnt take up enough space to allow the lugs to screw on tightly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts