NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had thought my stock fogs were dead so, my bro and I picked up a set of PIAA H3 Ion Crystals. Once we took the bumper off, and got to the lights we discovered that the original fog bulbs were actually fine and, even the new lights aren't working.
I followed this guide to check the relay on the driver side panel, as well as checked the fuse box under the hood, and all seems to be fine.

Periodically the fogs will briefly flash upon start up, but that's at best. Any one encounter a similar issue, any ideas? Thanks in advance dudes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, if an admin/mod would like to move this to that forum then cool.

Lack of response is kind of brutal, though I did find a little bit of info here.

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Have you checked under the panel on the driver's side too? I remember there's a couple of relays there. Here's a thread from the installs section that shows the relays for the fogs.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115701

I used this to have full control of the foglights. Your problem maybe sounds like a loose wire somewhere:shrugs:

·
fools runnin a Honda 2000
3,854 Posts
Your problem maybe sounds like a loose wire somewhere
x2. just got my reverse lights fixed last week. It wasn't a blown fuse or old lightbulb. Mechanic said something broke loose near my tranny. Got the lights fixed and the reverse beep back:marky:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is some corrosion some where on the wires, no idea where. Going to have to pull the front bumper off again and take another good look, hopefully it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved, forgot to grab my camera when we were working on the car today. Needless to say, we disconnected the ground wire, wiped away all the dirt that gathered up over the years and, sanded down the paint so there was direct contact with the metal; problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts