NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the fog light bulbs on a 2000 Celica.I have read the instructions on removing the bumper to do so.Is this a difficult job?Can they really be replaced without removing the bumper?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Removing the bumper makes the job 100x easier. To remove it, first you need to remove the large engine plastic on the left and the thin one on the front right (push the center of the clips in to unlock them). Then, remove the 4 bolts and oneclip in the center on the top of the bumper (under the plastics you just removed). Next, peel back the wheel well plastics and remove the bolt that holds the bumper to the fender on both sides. While you're in there, remove the bumper lense lights (twist and pull; might take some effort). Finally, remove the bolts and nuts under the bumper: 3 bolts under each foglight, and 4 nut/washer combos in the center. After that, you can just pull the bumper off the car. Then just remove the two bolts holding each foglight housing on and you can easily replace the bulbs without worrying about touching them or scratching the glass (VERY bad for halogens).

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Once you remove the bumper a couple times, it becomes second nature.

Remove bumper

remove 2 bolts holding foglights on the bracket

Twist rear, change bulb, in the comfort of your lap.

Put two bolts back in

Put bumper on.

OR

Grope around blindly, cut and scratch fingers, swear & cuss, and hope to hell you don't get any finger oils on the bulbs while trying to put them back in. :D

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
One of my bulbs on my 2000GT also went out. Now that I have instructions on how to replace can anyone point to a good online store that sells these stock fog lights?? Ive ran a couple of searches and I keep getting super white/blue lamps.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Jusone36
One of my bulbs on my 2000GT also went out. Now that I have instructions on how to replace can anyone point to a good online store that sells these stock fog lights?? Ive ran a couple of searches and I keep getting super white/blue lamps.

Thanks in advance!
Just go to an auto parts store. Everybody carries them--I think they are H3s.

Jon

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
Just go to an auto parts store. Everybody carries them--I think they are H3s.

Jon
Yep, H3's. I replaced mine a couple weeks ago with the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Gas-n-Grease said:
What he said. Besides, it doesnt take long to take off the bumper.
i dunno about you but i just finally changed the bulb after much procrastination and it took me an hour! what took the longest was taking off the "two screws" on the fog light and forever to uncap the back of it. i was afraid of breaking the plastic...then putting the damn thing back took a while beacuse it appears that the lower front grill wouldn't line up with the underbody plastics.

but i'm glad its done. and now i know how to take the front part of my car apart :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts