NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
it happens.. when i had mine at the dealership for a water pump they put it in for free, just charged price for the bulb..
their like 24 bucks, and i never tried to replace them myself though i hear its a pain in the ass without a lift or removing the front bumper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I had mine changed at the dealership, they said there was no bulb, that they just had to change the whole light, it was 36 bucks. ( I didnt care, it was free)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Sil said:
When I had mine changed at the dealership, they said there was no bulb, that they just had to change the whole light, it was 36 bucks. ( I didnt care, it was free)
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

·
Registered
551 Posts
1) buy new bulb
2) remove bumper (5-10 minutes)
3) remove old bulb :)30 seconds)
4) install new bulb (1 minute)
4a) test light
5) reinstall bumper (10-15 minutes)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
You don't even need to remove the bumper. Just jack up the front of the car a little and you can access the back of the fog light.

·
Registered
551 Posts
unless you know precisely how the foglight is seated in there (and a first-timer will NOT), you have a ridiculously small chance of successfully changing the DRIVER'S side bulb without ruining the lamp with your fingers

PASSENGER side presents no access without removing the bumper. Whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
drewd said:
it happens.. when i had mine at the dealership for a water pump they put it in for free, just charged price for the bulb..
their like 24 bucks, and i never tried to replace them myself though i hear its a pain in the ass without a lift or removing the front bumper.
I bought my replacement bulbs from pepboys for $7 each. I think they charged you for the replacement.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i got one 4 5$ bucks at autozone, i dont know ho u guys doit but i have to take off the bumper. It takes too much torque to open up the fog light housing to just reach around the fender well or under the car, i had to unscrew the fog light from its frame which i couldnt do w/ out taking of the bumper.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i am going to try just jacking it up and go about it that way. if i cant get it then i will take it to the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts