NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gonna sound like a total newB question..but here goes.......

I know that some toyotas have folding side mirrors (matrix maybe?) but I know that Celica doesn't (???). Does the '03 have this option? My bf is insisting that I have folding side mirrors...but I know I don't...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I believe the folding mirrors are standard on all 7th gen Celicas, at least in the USDM.

Are you shure you don`t have folding mirrors? Have you tried folding them? It takes little a bit of pressure to fold them. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes...even the dealer (when I first got the car) tried folding the mirrors and they didn't budge. What made me want to post is because we were just drivin in the city and saw a car that had the mirrors folded in then my BF said "your car has that"...i told him I didn't think so. It doesn't mention this on the sticker or in the manual (at least I don't think its in the manual). My luck I would push and the damn mirror would fall off!

·
Registered
803 Posts
if u hit your side mirrors against a wall/pole, it will fold in rapidly. i found that out while backing up in a very tight public parking garage.

and yes it should fold in. you have to apply pressure upwards, then inwards.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Ok chaps I too am after these electric foldaway mirrors, the story is like this, those Jap's are bloody lucky.... Alot of Jap GTS - 190VVTLI & TS versions have a bucket full of feactures, including electric foldaway mirrors - Illuminated ignition - foot neons etc below I've included a couple of Toyota-Japan links... I've used the yahoo curency converted to change Yen into

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Heated mirrors... ok... when the defogger switch is pressed the side electric mirrors heat up, I have a U.K. 190VVTLI, perhaps this option is not available to the Americans, would be interested to find out thou if those Jap fold-away electric mirrors are heated or not.
Sorry I don't really know where U can get the heated mirrors from, tried asking your local Mr. T. if not its gonna to be an import

Cheers M8

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Folding Mirrors are great. Some woman decided to merge into mine one day it only broke the glass and scratched the assebly of the mirror 35 dollars and a little wax later you can't tell anything happend

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
folding mirrors are the only way to go...they are just convient when you know your gonna hit them so you just fold em in and everything is fine :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Agree with you I've got the electric mirrors but with manual fold.
Those Japs got an extra button on there mirror control plate to automate the foldaway of both mirriors simultainaly Thats the ones I want as per my posted link, you get to New mirrors a new control switch and wiring etc, but don't know if there heated as well, if anyone can find a supplier please contact me Many THanx

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Seven-Of-Nine said:
Ok chaps I too am after these electric foldaway mirrors, the story is like this, those Jap's are bloody lucky....
did u just use the words 'chaps' and 'Bloody' at the same time?!

BWAHAHAHAHA!! I LOVE IT!!!!:rofl: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

My mirrors are manual foldaway, but look closely in the picture there is an extra button there to electricaly Fold-away both mirrors @ the same time, Different models have different feactures, English gen 7's don't have this as standard or as an option, gotta be a jap import to get it. Why, "donna no". Wierd
oh well, on another note... don't suppose anyone knows of a U.K. suppiler which sells white carbon fibre sheeting?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe japanese cars all have this since parking is so tight in Japan, i dont think uk or anywhere else gets this feature... but a lot of the cars in japan have mirrors that fold automatically, or at least electrically, even the small compacts! Would be a cool mod to do, but probly a waste of money. Good luck finding someone to import this mod for you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts