NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
/shrug - The supras ECM is not nearly as aggressive as the one on the Celica, as it was tuned for less stringent emmissions laws. The Celica ECM renders the SAFC all but totally worthless.

Just because a user from the Supra forums posted a nice install writeup with Pics doesn't mean they know how an ECM works either :) Like I've said before - you don't have to believe me, its your car, your warranty, and your money. But frankly if you ever want to make real consistent power standalone is the only way to go. The factory ECM was just built for a totally different purpose - to provide maximum emissions cleanliness and fuel economy. Thats just life. It's also why AEM is going to make a killing with their new plug N play Factory ECM replacement standalone system. Aside from the "Intake manifold failure immenent" warning, its every bit of what the FF movie pretended it could be. Its VERY slick, and teh only downside I've seen is the relatively limited number of models its available for.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.