NewCelica.org Forum banner

For all the S-AFC owners, haters, etc.

513 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sirk_2 
#1 ·
#3 ·
/shrug - The supras ECM is not nearly as aggressive as the one on the Celica, as it was tuned for less stringent emmissions laws. The Celica ECM renders the SAFC all but totally worthless.

Just because a user from the Supra forums posted a nice install writeup with Pics doesn't mean they know how an ECM works either :) Like I've said before - you don't have to believe me, its your car, your warranty, and your money. But frankly if you ever want to make real consistent power standalone is the only way to go. The factory ECM was just built for a totally different purpose - to provide maximum emissions cleanliness and fuel economy. Thats just life. It's also why AEM is going to make a killing with their new plug N play Factory ECM replacement standalone system. Aside from the "Intake manifold failure immenent" warning, its every bit of what the FF movie pretended it could be. Its VERY slick, and teh only downside I've seen is the relatively limited number of models its available for.

#5 ·
Who bothers hating on a performance product? I know we all wished that it worked on our Celicas but it doesn't point blank. If it doesn't work for us it just doesn't and that's all there is to it.

Thanks to all those that have constantly pointed this fact out. Some of us appreciate the heads up.

#6 ·
I don't own a Celica or a Supra...I was just showing information.

Although I don't know both the part#s off hand of the Celica GT's ECU and the Spyder's ECU to know if they're the same, but NONE of the Spyder owners have found what you guys have. And yes they HAVE went to the dyno with a wideband. I can name over 10 turbo'd spyders using a S-AFC + injectors perfectly fine which is why I brought it up.

Although none of them really come here, but I know Matt from monkeywrench can chime in since I know he swings both ways. But I think he's on a trip right now and out of town...

Well, people will think what they want...I'll stop.

#7 ·
Believe me I wished it worked I baught one hoping that it worked when I go boost, and it did not work now that I am boosted it is totally useless unless I wanna blow up my engine. I would love to use my S-AFC (baught used at $200) than buying another controller installed and roughly tuned for almost $1,000 (ofcourse I had to add a few more electronic stuff like A/F meter and a device that tells ECU the Catalytic converter is there) plus numerous dyno trying to tune the S-AFC to work before turbo and with my turbo. Just pissed me off that it does not work for celica thats why I am telling people that it does not work from experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.