NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally... laying on the wet concrete, 9 p.m., freezing vermont night, hooking up WalMart purchased driving lights so Bat won't be mad at me anymore... kiddin' andy... as ya'll can see, they look pretty good, with a tint of blue, tho if people wanted, they could swap in a blue aftermarket H3 bulb for more blue... the wiring diagram was simple, the wiring harness decent, the switch cheap... what the heck for $40... got a lot of compliments from local folks on it... beware tho, the directions say don't place the lights against a temperature sensitive body parts (car parts, human parts, i don't know) and to make sure to give the lamps at least 10 minutes to cool before washing... anyway, hope the mod works for other people... i like TRD authentic stuff but...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no... just pointing out the strange disclaimer... made me wonder too...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
wow those are tite...almost looks like HID fogs in the pic..

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Ok guys, Howler I must commend you on your laying in wet pavement in below freezing conditions, you got more heart than I do and I am sure we can all say thank you for getting those pics up!! As far as the lights go awesome find, they look damn good to me, I am going to purchase some this weekend or I hope I can anyway!! How hard were they to wire up??? Oh and just out of curiosity you all don't think they meant by that, " Do not place near temperature sensitive body parts,"they are warning us about possibly melting the front bumper or anything do you?? I am extrmely curious as to whether or not these could possibly melt our TRD mechanical front bumpers?? Course I don't see how these foglights mounted there would be any different than the TRD ones but you never know these may get hotter or something, do you thibk Howler's got anything to worry about?? Or do u think any of us that may get these might have to worry about those things melting the urethane??

Justin

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the props guys... i gotta admit, the pic is a shade more blue than in real life, color balance on new camera? not quite HID but still cool blue and like i wrote, a set of H3 blue bulbs would do the trick... or ambers, or...

dopecelicaGT...

i had the lamps on for about a half hour while taking the pics and talking with an amigo and when i touched the housing to disconnect the lights, there was nowhere near the heat it would take to melt anything... true, it was cold but... i think it was just a disclaimer like "don't eat this toothpaste" kind of thing, having the glass right up against the plastic would melt it, i suppose...

wiring was pretty easy tho i haven't got it installed yet, lamps plug into the harness, then the white plug goes into a relay... there's two under the hood grounds to connect, one hot lead to the battery and if you use the supplied three prong switch, one is ground, one is power, one is return as the kit is set up to run with stock headlights... i decided against that...

diagram is easy to follow, i'm not a whiz at wiring... and yes, walmart will take ANYTHING back... i know a couple of people that "rent" stuff from them a lot

bat...

sent you my addy... sorry...

the hardest thing was removing the bumper, and that wasn't bad at all, just yanking a bit on the male/female tension device that holds the bumper in... hate yanking and breaking stuff...

i balanced the bumper on the workbench, removed the black fake vents, held the brackets up to the top of the opening, magic markered the location, and drilled the 1/4 inch holes in the lip that surrounds the opening, secured with bolts that i bought, not in kit, quarter inch by inch or inch and a quarter long... attached the lamps loose with the supplied screws... and installed the bumper... the rest is the wiring... it helped me to lay out the harness and look at the connections...

if anybody has any questions, PM me but as far as installs go, you could have the whole deal wrapped up in a couple of hours tops...

·
Registered
102 Posts
you talk about bolting the bracket to the 'top opening' is this part of the bumper or the actual car? (TRD front due this week)

·
Registered
687 Posts
any more pics of it upclose and what it looks in foggy/overcast conditions?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts