NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been trying to save for my j spec 3 sgte,but im in a lil bit of a bind so ive been pondering just building the 2zz.What did you guys do about the tranny.Does anyone make a stronger tranny..one peferably that still retains a cruising gear

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by My Sixth Gear
so 5th and 6th are just like the stock tranny?
5th gear yes, 6th gear is made even longer for F/I applications. C2Power stage 2 takes us to a max speed of 270km/ph. Even more with the new tranny.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Bing said:
5th gear yes, 6th gear is made even longer for F/I applications. C2Power stage 2 takes us to a max speed of 270km/ph. Even more with the new tranny.
I think stock GT-S tranny will surpass 270kmph before fuel cutoff. A Celica have no business doing that fast anyways. You probably need at least 400+ hp to reach that speed. What's the point?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
nyoneway said:
I think stock GT-S tranny will surpass 270kmph before fuel cutoff. A Celica have no business doing that fast anyways. You probably need at least 400+ hp to reach that speed. What's the point?
Nah - unless the C2 Stage 2 is 400 HP (which I don't think it is, not to the tire anyways)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by nyoneway
Yes, since the GT redlines at 6800rpm and the GT-S redlines at 8300.... sure it will go even faster.
The tranny's 6th gear is even longer, so your max speed increases.
No need to go this fast and no need for 400hp for this speed. I have around 250 hp and was driving 240km/ph already at like 6000rpm. You can ask Asha and C2gas to verify these speeds.

Anyways, we guys here have the autobahn near us. Funny to beat a 100K+ car that's has a speed limiter of 250km/ph with your Toyota Celica.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by X-EVIL-X
would that improve gas mileage also?
Yes it will. Gas mileage improves if you use the 6th gear(due to lower rpm at same speed).

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
nyoneway said:
need 400+ hp to go 140mph?

somehow I doubt that.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
nyoneway said:
wELL YOU DONT NEED 400+ HP>
I allready went 260-270kmph with my GT. I was also doing 220-240 everage on the GErman autobahn w/p problems. My goal is to brake the 300kmph limit.
It was soo funny to chase a HAYABUSHA on a curvy German Autobahn. He could not go fatser cos of the long curves, but he was visible sooo pissed about me. He could not beleive me following him (he was turning his head back-front-back-front-.....)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Originally posted by WillyK
That's going to be loud.
Actually its not loud at all. 6th has a slight wiring (sp)to it, but its a cool sounding noise.

Originally posted by nyoneway
Well I dont think I have 400hp but ive reached 250kph with the tranny and only stopped because of the tires. Ok yea and a dip in the autobahn made me think about what i was doing;) The point? Well I didnt have my car built to drive speeds i already knew it could do stock. As long as im not indangering anyone but myself, driving those speeds is for knowing what my car can do, emabarrasing that high end car and i guess for bragging rights. If I wrap myself in a tree, i knew the repercussions before hand.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ive been right under 140 on the stock tranny

·
Registered
138 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Nah - unless the C2 Stage 2 is 400 HP (which I don't think it is, not to the tire anyways)

The euro spec GT whit the stock 6pseed has a very long econo 6th speed! The stock car hits max speed at 5th gear!
When you give the car some well diserved boost, you can hit rev limiter in 6th, and that is allready off the scale on the speedo! That is whit a 250+hp GT.

Give another 100hp that soceur's car has and EVEN LONGER gears...and you are asking for the best tires money can buy, because top speed will be shadowing everything but the best porpouse built highway rockets that are tuned, and has unlocked speed limiter. Not wise on stock tires, and suspension...but soceur has a well planed coilovers, but ****ty tires..... yet!

Watch out for more :-D

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
C2til said:
The euro spec GT whit the stock 6pseed has a very long econo 6th speed! The stock car hits max speed at 5th gear!
When you give the car some well diserved boost, you can hit rev limiter in 6th, and that is allready off the scale on the speedo! That is whit a 250+hp GT.

Give another 100hp that soceur's car has and EVEN LONGER gears...and you are asking for the best tires money can buy, because top speed will be shadowing everything but the best porpouse built highway rockets that are tuned, and has unlocked speed limiter. Not wise on stock tires, and suspension...but soceur has a well planed coilovers, but ****ty tires..... yet!

Watch out for more :-D
I know- I was just saying that you guys hit that mark with well under 400 hp is all.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
I know- I was just saying that you guys hit that mark with well under 400 hp is all.
Well under is relative. Most ppl know that Gt can make 280-300 whp at 14,7 psi (mine does ~285) where you add 20% and get ~350hp at crank.
On the GTS 14,7 psi means 340-350 whp where you add 20% and get ~400hp at the crank.
Also the torque is dramatically increased on FI cars.

Here is an example:
My GT with 255whp (~300hp) on the old setup (bad vvti and poor top end which is the dyno in my sig) did the following RUN.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts