NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys happy with it, like how it looks and stuff. What kind did you get. How much was it?...I am deciding on whether to get a carbon fiber hood or aftermarket rims. I have a silver Gt-s

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i've got the tc spoiler one and i'm not happy with it. it looked pretty nice at first, with the exception of a big wave in the fiber down the left side, but after about a year it's started cracking badly. same thing happened to my friend's hood which is the same brand, so i highly reccomend staying away from them.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
i would get a better fitting hood if i had the money...

other than that i like it...

but definitely get some rims before u get a hood.. it just makes more sense.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am very happy with my vis. It fit damn near perfectly and the quality was very nice.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like rims are next on my list. Any suggestions on which ones. where did you guys get them from? Prices? i been checking out ads from magazines, and i have a question about the wheels and rims package. Are the tires any good? I would think not because they want to put the cheapest tires on the rims so they can make more money?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Most of the rims now come with Kumho 712's.....couse they are cheap.........Personaly I love these tires and would get them again...........They stick well in both dry and wet.

Slava

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i would pick up rims first... honestly the hood is not that big of a deal, doesn't shave as much weight as you'd think, it's more for looks.

i have an early model carbon/kelvar hood from fiber images. i'm honestly quite dissapointed. the second latch for the hood has worn thru, there are inperfections(creases) in the hood, the bolts in the scoop have stripped out(had to bondo them back in), and the clear coat is wearing away in large spots.

fitment is great, and FI is known for quality, but i guess i just got a defect.

anyone know how to get in touch with FI? i tried their webpage about a year ago and both email addys they listed there, both of which got returned cause they didn't exist.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ya go with wheels first, if i were you i would go to a local shop, thats where I got mine, i got 17" wheels for 950$ installed and balanced, i saw them in a magazine about a week later for 1300$ with wheels and thats not even installed, its not like i had a hook-up at the shop or anything, i just think you get better deals

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any good deals or websites for the VIS carbon fiber hood?

I live in PA and my solar yellow hood looks somewhat like swiss cheese from salt and cinders. How good is cf in hiding chips and scratches?

Thanks for any help!

- d-rock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts